No real solution yet. For day #1, post hair-cut, Darin suggested we try a comb-over. Of course a man would think of that solution (not that Darin will ever need to use it, he's got plentiful hair). So I put her in the bath and then tried to move her natural part over to the other side. Threw a bow in and observed that solution for a day. It worked pretty well, but by the end of the day, the natural part line had won over, and we were back to her Jekyll and Hyde look.


So my next solution was a little bit of retail therapy. Tell me when a new pair of shoes hasn't made you feel better?! In this case it was for my ladies. Thanks to Grandma Z's birthday money, they walked themselves up to the Croc stand in the mall and partook of these darlings! It made me happy for a good solid set of hours just looking at their feet, and how happy they were.

And George got to redeem him $6 in coins at the Hallmark store for a Tree Frog Webkinz, aptly named "Frogger". And the icing on the cake was that the lady working at the Hallmark store was so friendly that she didn't even mind that he was paying all in coins, and even offered to help count pennies.
So you see, life isn't all bad. I am afriad of a hair cut. Until I work up enough courage, I am just choosing to admire her new shoes when I look at her.
8 comments:
The combover looks good. Maybe a headband would help keep it in place. Did J & R decide to use their bday money for shoes, or was that your suggestion? I'm just wondering at what point clothes & shoes & accessories start being more appealing to little girls than new toys. That sounds like fun.
I think the asymetrical look is really in right now...maybe she could start a new trend in little girl hair!
I had suggested dresses, but when they saw the Crocs a little while ago they really wanted them. They still don't totally understand choices (like buying Crocs meant not buying a toy), but shoes are certainly high on the list of exciting things to buy.
Her hair looks great and I love those shoes! I haven't yet invested in a pair of crocs for Mei Li, but I think I should!
what a fun idea! Way to go, Darin. Remember when Sarah Moran's little girl butchered her hair? She had a real short little pixie do and was super cute. There is nothing your little darling could do to her hair that would take away any of her cuteness. Just look at that face!
She looks so sweet and innocent! I'm lovin' the shoes!
Your reaction must be so confusing considering all the oohs and aahs she got with her last hair cut at the salon. Was she trying to recapture that moment?
A mullet is just the solution!! Right Lisa?
Love always, Grandma Z
She's moving to Korea, not Idaho, right? So, maybe the mullet isn't such a good idea.
Post a Comment