
I hope it was fun for you. I received a huge civics lesson as I went to my Precinct Caucus, precinct 271, in case you were wondering. We participated in a "straw poll" for our choice in a national cnadidate. There were 105 people in the room. 83 voted for Romney and 13 for McCain, a few for Ron Paul and 1 for Huckabee. We then elected people from that room who will go up to the next level of convention and will either become, or elect our delegates to the National Republican Convention. Anyway, it felt like a good thing to do. I hope it helped. At least it made me feel like an active citizen. They say that it was the largest turn out in years! Last time they had a caucus meeting, I think they said there were about 10 people there. So as you can imagine, there were lots of people there who were fired up. It was fun.
Otherwise, I spend my day at home, waiting out a two-hour delay start for school, and then realizing that Ruby was sick and we would need to wait out the rest of the day as well. Hopefully we will be on the mend tomorrow. Good night!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Super Duper Tuesday
Posted by Annee at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How fun! Washington just has boring old mail-in ballots now! I hope your kiddos start feeling better soon!
Good job Annee. That sounds very interesting. So is it open to anyone or do you have to sign up ahead of time? Do you have to be a registered republican? 105 people is a small enough number that you could really feel like you're making a difference. Way to be civil.
It was open to any registered voter. 105 people was just my precinct. There were 6 other republican precincts there at the same time. The room was very energized about their dislike for McCain and how much they supported Romney, so I'm interested to see what happens in the next few weeks.
Way to be an involved citizen. Every little bit counts.
Annee,
Do you really think Romney still has a chance? I wish so badly, but it does't look good. I guess I'm only seeing and hearing what the liberal media wants me to. I wish Huckabee would drop out and give Romney a chance, but he really picked up steam after Super Tues.
Way to go Annee. I feel EVERYTHING makes a difference.
Post a Comment