George and I were at Target while the girls were at "school". We had to pick up Valentine's, but George also saw about 25 other things that he thought we should pick up. I didn't get him anything, except the needed Valentine cards for tomorrow's party. Along the way, I had about three different play-doh sets in my hands for the girls. It was on sale, and I kept imagining an afternoon of them at the table, with me on the couch reading a book (yeah right, but that's why it was just a vision). George told me if he couldn't get anything, they shouldn't either. So I left. But now, I'm wishing we had some play-doh to pull out. Don't you think? And now that I'm home, I remember that I'm always right about these sorts of things. *Note to self, next time do not consult with 6-year-old brother!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Wouldn't Play-Doh Have Been Better?
George and I were at Target while the girls were at "school". We had to pick up Valentine's, but George also saw about 25 other things that he thought we should pick up. I didn't get him anything, except the needed Valentine cards for tomorrow's party. Along the way, I had about three different play-doh sets in my hands for the girls. It was on sale, and I kept imagining an afternoon of them at the table, with me on the couch reading a book (yeah right, but that's why it was just a vision). George told me if he couldn't get anything, they shouldn't either. So I left. But now, I'm wishing we had some play-doh to pull out. Don't you think? And now that I'm home, I remember that I'm always right about these sorts of things. *Note to self, next time do not consult with 6-year-old brother!
Posted by Annee at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That George is a character. So are your children building forts in that picture?
You definitely made the right decision. It is just a dream of mine that Play doh would lead to a fun filled afternoon of kids molding and shaping their creations quietly at the table, while I catch up on things around the house. Let's just say that has NEVER happened here. It all last about 5 minutes before it starts getting out of hand and squished into the carpet and other unsuspecting places.
You made the right choice!
I love the new template. Where did you find it?
Playdoh is a mess and hard for little kids to do by themselves. Seems to me you'd get more time "to yourself" with the jumping off the couch game. You've got at least 10 minutes before the game gets so out of hand that someone gets hurt.
play-doh is banned from our house since it cost us almost a thousand dollars in medical bills last year. Play doh is never a better idea, but you don't have to buy it! You can mix up your own at home, I'll send you the recipe if you are willing to risk it.
can't you make that stuff at home? Call Lark....she might have a recipe? haha... I am remembering her making it for Chels and me....just a thought. haha
And George does have a point- why do the girls get something and he doesn't. I must agree with everyone,I think you made the right call.
I have to admit, as the pillows are still all over the floor, that I'm still thinking play-doh could have been good. But it sounds as though the mom's have spoken!
Post a Comment