Thursday, January 03, 2008

We Did It!

We woke up at 4am on Wednesday and drove away from Grandma and Grandpa Earnests house by 4:30am. We ate lunch in Twin Falls, Idaho. We had dinner in Riverdale, Utah and took a walking break through the Super Target there. It was then 6pm. We had still another nine hours ahead of us. But we couldn't stop yet. So we hopped back on the freeway to wind our way through Wyoming. Jane and Ruby each puked somewhere in Wyoming. The boys finally fell asleep. And Darin's supply of (or willingness to drink) "Energy" drinks seemed to carry us all the way through to 3am on Thursday, when we pulled into our driveway.

It's good to be home. I'll continue updating whenever I need a break from unpacking or cleaning, or putting away Christmas. It was such a great trip. Thanks for letting us stay so long Grandma and Grandpa. When at some late hour one night Lark casually asked, "Well when do you think you'll head back?" And Darin replied, "Oh didn't you hear, we're moving in." That was a funny moment. It was all fun and funny. We'll get the pictures uploading soon.

4 comments:

sara b said...

Oh, the Christmas pukey virus. What would a holiday be without it?

I love the picture. I do have a question though, How do you keep your car so clean on a road trip? Our car always has a pile of garbage all over the floor!

Annee said...

His name is Darin. And he's rather tidy. He keeps the rest of us on our toes. But it was plenty messy!

Ie Li said...

You guys are amazing! What a trip. I love the pictures and the girls' pjs.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!