First a trip to the hill to enjoy the freshly fallen snow, with dad. He makes everything more fun.
Then back home for the requisite cup of hot cocoa.
Even later on, once all the children are in bed, pretend to be fancy chefs and cook muscles Provencal and a pizza Margherita...(of course, this part is Darin's idea who after wishing he had been a cabinet maker, tiler layer or plumber, he wishes he had been a professional chef. So, every once in a while I get a beautiful meal prepared for me, by my "should've been" chef husband)
And reminisce about Saturdays gone by when you didn't have to go sledding, or drink hot cocoa or watch princesses dance. And smile and laugh again.
And that's how you have fun on a Saturday.


8 comments:
Fun indeed! your dinner for 2 makes it all look worth it. Yum!
Muscles?!?! Did you eat them? How were they? That is very fancy indeed. Looks like a fun day. So did you try the sweet potato hot chocolate yet?
That looks like a fabulous day! I'm so impressed with Darin's fancy dinner.
I ate a few. Two alone, and then a few I put on top of my pizza. Darin says they were delicious. You know, I wouldn't use that word to describe it, but it was still fun.
Honestly Annee, your family amazes me. I mean Oysters and homemade pizza AND sledding all in the same day? Wow...that is all I can say. (and the first two sentences too)
Yum! You've inspired me to make pizza for dinner tonight! I have an awesome crust recipe that I slave over in my breadmachine. It won't be quite up to the Earnest standard, but it will be close!
I am putting doughnuts in a one dollar plastic football dish and calling it birthday cake. Then, I look on your blog and see how people not in Idaho do things.
Katie, you actually put us all to shame, for the rest of us couldn't dream of making doughnuts in a one dollar container cute at all. But you can!
Post a Comment