Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Gift of a Friend.

In my life, my friends have been a real gift from the Heavens. The blessings I've received from friends are as deep as the rivers and as wide as the oceans (is that a saying? It sounds right, but I've never really known a river to be deep. But my love for my friends is deep.) Anyway, yesterday I never check the mailbox. Finally at 10:30 at night I walked down the street to my mailbox. It was dark and freezing, but there was a key in my box, meaning I had a package.

I wasn't expecting a package.

I walked back home in the dark and freezing, and when I stepped inside I recognized the handwriting. It was from my little friend Liz. She was my college roommate and best friend from BYU.

I opened the box, and look what I beheld at 10:40pm last night?!



And Liz didn't even know that I had taken a vow of celibacy towards treats. I had sworn them off. I was turning a new leaf in life. But what can you do when out of the blue your dearest friend sends you a treat in the mailbox? So I've been enjoying Candy Cane Joe-Joe's all night and all day. Tomorrow I will re-take my vows and be back on the wagon. But how did Liz know that I was ready for a little something sweet?

She's sweet. Thank you Liz. I love them, and I love you! And I love unexpected packages in the mailbox.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christy said...

That is so nice. And good for you for taking the day off. There is always tomorrow, right? I agree friends are one of my saving graces in life. Speaking of that, we need to plan a weekend.

Alyssa said...

what a nice friend. But why would you give up treats? Thats just silly.

Annee said...

We do need to plan a weekend Christy. I'm all for it!

sara b said...

Yes, yes, yes! Count me in.