I don't know...can you see we have a problem? On the top is George without a tooth problem. On the bottom is this past weekend, when we realized we DID have a tooth problem. Never worry. He will be at the dentist tomorrow morning at 10am. I'm all over this one! Poor guy though. Don't you think?
In other news, Ruby was desperate for a crown all of her own. We've just been fighting over this one that belongs to Jane. So Thursday was the big day when we were at the Target 75% off toy sale, and even though the crown wasn't 75% off, I just felt all sorts of love and let Ruby get it. She wore it all day long. Told me she needed to take a picture to show Grandma Lark. Slept with it. Then it broke the next day. THE. NEXT. DAY. Darn that crown, and the makers of it. Come on, it was a solution to my problem and it was supposed to last longer than one day! Well, good thing we got the picture. And good thing Jane doesn't seem to care about wearing a crown every where she goes as much as Ruby does. Too bad Darin wouldn't let Ruby wear it to church. I told him he had no sense of humor. He didn't think that was funny either.
In other news, Ruby was desperate for a crown all of her own. We've just been fighting over this one that belongs to Jane. So Thursday was the big day when we were at the Target 75% off toy sale, and even though the crown wasn't 75% off, I just felt all sorts of love and let Ruby get it. She wore it all day long. Told me she needed to take a picture to show Grandma Lark. Slept with it. Then it broke the next day. THE. NEXT. DAY. Darn that crown, and the makers of it. Come on, it was a solution to my problem and it was supposed to last longer than one day! Well, good thing we got the picture. And good thing Jane doesn't seem to care about wearing a crown every where she goes as much as Ruby does. Too bad Darin wouldn't let Ruby wear it to church. I told him he had no sense of humor. He didn't think that was funny either.
Additionally, I finished my epic book, "Pillars of the Earth". And it's a darn good thing I did. The Christmas boxes had been sitting in my family room for no less than a solid week. I was doing the bare minimum to get by around the house. My days consisted of waking up, taking care of the children...waiting for it to be 8pm so that my children were back in bed so that I could read again. Of course, taking care of the children is no small task, but when I'm not reading an epic book, I can go above and beyond taking care of the children, and throw in all sorts of diverse activities, like putting boxes away to the garage, laundry, etc, etc. I finally talked Darin into at least reading the first 30 pages of it before he tells me he won't read any book that I suggest he should read. (It's complicated. I think he thinks, if he reads one of my book suggestions, it means that I'm bossing him around. And let's just make it perfectly clear, I don't boss him around. He's his own darn boss. You know, in a good way.) Anyway, I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it, but he's read more than 30 pages.
And then tonight, I went to go see this movie at 9:20pm. I was sitting down in my seat right at 9:20pm, and was the only person in the theater. That's usually how it goes at my movie theater where I go to see all the movies I want to see. But at 9:20pm it was unusual, because I went to turn off my cell phone, (just out of habit I guess, since no one else was there, I could have left it on), but first I saw it said "1 missed call". When I looked to see who called it read, "mom Z cell". And that was weird because "mom Z" lives in Germany and the only time I get a call from that number is when she is in the States. So for a moment I thought she had decided to come to the states. I instantly called the number back to see where she was. But then Christine answered the phone. She lost her phone in Paris (how chic), and so you know, she now has the phone that registers as "mom Z cell". Anyway, for a moment I thought it would be something out of a movie, sitting down to watch a movie only to hear that my mom was close by. Closer than Germany. I got all excited. But it was also fun to talk to Christine. Who then I got to recommend "Pillars of the Earth" to, because she's my only sister who reads books, for fun.
So that's been life and stuff over the past few days. Weird tooth problems, requiring phone calls from the school nurse, and in turn the dentist, who incidentally remembered who I was instantly, I don't think that's a good thing. Target's crazy 75% off sale, and crowns that make little girls so happy, and then so sad all within 24 hours. Reading books, going to movies. And now, it's time to clean the house. Tomorrow. I promise!
And then tonight, I went to go see this movie at 9:20pm. I was sitting down in my seat right at 9:20pm, and was the only person in the theater. That's usually how it goes at my movie theater where I go to see all the movies I want to see. But at 9:20pm it was unusual, because I went to turn off my cell phone, (just out of habit I guess, since no one else was there, I could have left it on), but first I saw it said "1 missed call". When I looked to see who called it read, "mom Z cell". And that was weird because "mom Z" lives in Germany and the only time I get a call from that number is when she is in the States. So for a moment I thought she had decided to come to the states. I instantly called the number back to see where she was. But then Christine answered the phone. She lost her phone in Paris (how chic), and so you know, she now has the phone that registers as "mom Z cell". Anyway, for a moment I thought it would be something out of a movie, sitting down to watch a movie only to hear that my mom was close by. Closer than Germany. I got all excited. But it was also fun to talk to Christine. Who then I got to recommend "Pillars of the Earth" to, because she's my only sister who reads books, for fun.
So that's been life and stuff over the past few days. Weird tooth problems, requiring phone calls from the school nurse, and in turn the dentist, who incidentally remembered who I was instantly, I don't think that's a good thing. Target's crazy 75% off sale, and crowns that make little girls so happy, and then so sad all within 24 hours. Reading books, going to movies. And now, it's time to clean the house. Tomorrow. I promise!

6 comments:
I can't believe you haven't been to the dentist yet! You were looking for a dentist out here before Christmas! Good luck today. Hopefully George will be a good patient and the dentist won't get too mad at you. I've been there!
I'm glad you finished your book. And I'm glad to see you have a tinge of that obsessiveness that led me to give up reading. Not that you have to do that -- but maybe make it like a little incentive -- like I won't start a new book until the Christmas stuff is put away.
We went to the dentist right when we got back, but he scheduled us to come back two weeks later to do the fillings and such. But the tooth got infected before we got back in for the filling.
Poor boy!! I hate the dentist. But I don't remember hating it that bad when I was a kid... probably cause I didn't have any major work when I was little. And don't get me started about Christmas stuff!! This is not a good time for me to be pregnant cause I can't get anything done...even if my life depended on it. I still haven't taken Christmas down, and that is so out of character for me. I (if I felt normal) would have had it down the day after new years day. I just can't find the motivation cause I am so exhausted!! Hopefully this stage will pass soon so I can start getting things done!
I remember feeling completely exhausted during the beginning of each one of my pregnancies. It doesn't last forever!
Every time I read your blog I am inspired to be a better blogger, read a good book, go see a movie I want to see, cook an ethnic dinner, take up running...
By the way, how was the movie?
I hate the dentist!!! I will not go, until a complete emergency takes over my mouth. Larry's in charge of all things dental--because I'm a dental mental!
Annee: I have recently finished Pillars of the Earth myself. I also had trouble doing anything else. Of course, I have a good excuse doing all that reading about cathedrals in Europe since it is educational for my experience here in Europe!!!???**** But my question is, does anyone know if there is a sequel. Follett claimed he would write one, and I think someone told me it is out. But I haven't been able to confirm it. Kind of weird that the Zackrisons are reading during the same year a book that was first published in '99 (or '96).
Much love, DAD
Post a Comment