This day so far has been good. I would like to thank Academy School District 20 for convening school during the regular school hours, despite the three inches of freshly fallen snow. I'm sure it was a tough call to make. They like to give us all snow days. I appreciate the risk of letting the children all go off to school, on the bus no less. (Although we nearly missed the bus, since the doors of the van were frozen shut and we couldn't get George's coat or backpack out. I hope George learned a valuable lesson about not leaving his stuff in the car)
I would like to thank Jane and Ruby for so willingly going off to "Mother's Morning Out" today. It's always a wonder whether when I announce it's time for "school" they will agree with me or not. I was so deeply grateful today that everyone agreed that indeed it was time for school and cooperated as we rushed out the door.
All of this leading up to my gratitude about my standing running appointment on Tuesday mornings at 9 with my girl friends. Again, despite the new three to four inches of powder on the trail, we braved the elements and enjoyed a winter morning run. It was so wonderful. Really. (I need a good morning run to gain the appropriate perspective and be able to be grateful.)
I would like to give a shout out to wool, the material. It's amazing. How can I simply put on a pair of wool socks and sneakers, run in four inches of snow and have toasty warm and dry feet. It's a miracle. I am grateful for sheep today. They must not have such a bad life after all. They must stay toasty and dry all the time. I am grateful to be reminded of other animals today. (I usually don't care much about the animals, but it's good to, every once in a while.)
So in conclusion, it's going to be a good day. Despite the loads of laundry that are sitting in various spots around my house unfolded. Despite going to bed at 2am last night because of a book I cannot put down (Pillars of the Earth). Despite my-not-working-so-well right knee that tried to ruin my run today. Despite the three to four inches of snow. It's going to be a good day today. I must run off and get George now. He hates when I'm late! (I was yesterday, and had to make him hot chocolate with whipped cream before he would forgive me). Now, go enjoy your day....

4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good day Annee! Today was a good day for me too.
you are an inspiration to me...running in the snow!! I would have totally used that as an excuse not to go! You are dedicated :) I am glad it was a good day for you.
As a mother you learn to enjoy the little things in life. Thanks for the theraputic post!
Do your really think George will learn his lesson? I have yet to see my kids learning lessons from stuff like that. I still hope they will.
Post a Comment