At 7pm last night it felt like we were coming very close to the finish line in a marathon. I decided to pause and photograph where everyone was.
Henry was the first person finished with all his "jobs". This reflects that he had finished his dinner, his homework, and his practicing, and he had been released to play until one of his parents had enough energy to move onto bedtime.
Darin lost the coin toss and so he was practicing with George. George just started lessons last week. And as with everything in his life, he has a hard time doing it someone else's way. Instead of his own way. I heard Darin saying to him, "George, whoever is helping you practice, they are the boss, and you have to listen to them." That's the way it goes every night when practicing with George. He's eager to do it. It's not a fight at all when you say it's time to practice, but he always thinks he should move on to new songs, each night, new songs.
The girls were in the bath. That was my job.
And here was my other post. I was alternating between the bathtub and the kitchen sink. I think I fell asleep last night at 9:30! Some days are just so long.p.s. It's a snow day today. Good thing I got a good night sleep. You need all your faculties working full force in order to deal with an inch of snow outside

6 comments:
An inch of snow! I know what you mean about the long days. Yesterday was one of them.
I couldn't believe we had delayed start up here - the literal dusting of snow didn't even cover the grass . . . oh well, the boys were excited to come back home for an hour to play video games! (yes, of course I took them the 3/4 mile to school not even thinking there would be any late start!)
Makes me tired just reading this. Your school district and this snow day thing is a total joke. Look how gorgeous your kitchen is.
Hurray! Dishes out of the sink and in bed by 9:30. A dream most nights, I tell ya! Well done. And well worth a post.
An inch of snow?? How lame. It's not enough to cancel school and it's not enough to do any fun snow activities while they're at home.
On the other hand, I almost died from all the snow falling in Provo Canyon today while driving home from Park City. I mean literally almost died, spinning out of control, back and forth across 4 lanes of traffic, ending in a snow bank. Crazy!! The Love-Hate relationship continues...
Are you talking about loving and hating snow, or some mystery man?! Do explain. And I can NOT believe you almost died. That is so scary! Please stay alive!!!
Post a Comment