Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Male Psyche at age 8.

Since I do so much blogging about my fascination with little girls and the way that they work, I had to laugh when I found this paper sitting on my computer desk this afternoon. I waited for Henry to get home from school so that I could get a bit more insight into it. He told me this is what he did during his free time in art class this week. He was very pleased with the finished product, and the title that he had given to his work. He told me that first he started with the sea battle, but then he realized it would be cooler to make it a full blow battle with jets and everything. Please note the opponents, Colorado vs. Brazil in WWIII. I wonder what went so terribly wrong between my state and Brazil that diplomacy just wouldn't cut it?!

So a nod to my little boy and the inner-workings of his 8-year-old brain. I love it.

6 comments:

sarah said...

That's an awesome drawing! So much detail. Thanks for sharing it.

Rachel F. said...

I'm impressed that at only 8 years old he is already aware that World War 1 and 2 have already passed. For some reason I think I was older when that all sank in. But maybe that's more evidence to the difference between the mental focus of boys and girls.

Katie said...

I'm waiting for the school to be put on lockdown and the dept. of homeland security to come knocking at my door, based on some of my boy's artwork. It's a relief to see a little "war art" being created by your son, too.

Karin said...

Funny-the first thing I thought of when I saw this was Corbin's drawings... All this time I've been thinking James has been mimicing his cousin's drawings, but looks like maybe it IS a boy-art thing. Keep up th great detail, Henry.

Annee said...

It's true Katie, at first I had a moment of panic thinking my kid had inner issues. But then I was quickly amused when I realized that boy art 101 is all about a battle scene. And Rachel, he is aware of the World Wars because great-grandpa Earnest participated in WWII and we have talked about that with him.

Ie Li said...

If you ask my nephew Jackson what he likes, he'll say, "I like war."