Monday, January 28, 2008

Okay Then, We'll Go.

It's that time of our life again. It's nearly been three years here in my beloved Colorado Springs, so of course, there has been dialogue about what would happen to us next. There was a lovely offer made to Major Select Earnest about going over to Iraq for a year, or Afghanistan for a year. But we decided that none of those offers were quite right. We finally got offered to go together as a family to Korea for two years. So there you go. Come mid-June, this family will be on the move again.

It's all part of a bigger plan. Darin is "in-line" to get his PhD sponsored by the Air Force Academy. But his Intelligence career field saw this as a good time to require him to come back to them and do an assignment for them. Personally, I just couldn't see us living without Major Select Earnest for a year, so we'll go with him! Ultimately we'll be back here. Perhaps right after our two years in Korea for a PhD program at the University of Denver. But you know, I'll settle down about nailing the details down. One move at a time. Right now I will focus on the move to South Korea, Osan Air Base.

You should come visit!

Oh yeah, and do you want to buy our house?
Gotta go. Lots to do! Korea won't know what has hit them!

15 comments:

sarah said...

Way to go Annee! Way to be positive and enthusiastic about it. We're rooting for you. I hope you have a happy time there. It will certainly be an adventure for your whole family and life experiences you'd get no other way. I can't promise a visit (maybe mom could donate some Frequent Flyer miles?) but we will be on care package duty for the next 2 years. I'll shop the Gymboree sales for you and send you American treats and whatever else you can't get on base. And of course you are welcome to come stay with us any time.

Annee said...

Thanks. I'm trying.

Karin said...

Yeah! We have two friends leaving here in a few months for the same base! (then on to Germany- you can share info...) -Both LDS, one even has 4 kids- youngest are 15month old twins:)
Good luck with the house selling... ahhh, such joys...

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor said...

I already talked to mom...we have started to save the money. Afterall, she has to be at every grandchild's baptism. I volunteered Taylor and meyself to accompany her on this trip.
It will say this message is from Taylor but I think you know who it is really from.

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Hooray for the Air Force! You should talk to Shawn--didn't they live there and just love it? I remember her talking about Korea for some reason--But best of luck to you! I imagine you will have lots to blog about over there!

Rachel F. said...

Woohoo! I can't wait to come visit!!

Be sure to let me know when you officially organize the "I'm stuck in Korea" marathon cuz I will proudly wear bib number 2 and run along side you.

It'll be ok. It'll be a spectacular adventure.

Ie Li said...

You know we'll be visiting you! Steve would not miss an opportunity to visit Korea.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Is this Sundays international dinner Korean cuisine?

Christy said...

I still can't believe it! I actually do want to visit. I wonder how I can work that out.

sara b said...

What an adventure! I love your attitude. Darin is so blessed to have you as his wife. You are so strong. I am excited to read about life in Korea with 4 kids!

Lyons Family said...

Wow - you are a good woman - I don't know if I'd be so accepting and supportive of that! WOW - I don't know what else to say - an adventure your family will never forget I am sure - do come back to denver (or c.springs) if possible - our boys need to get to know each other better (and us too!)

Sandy said...

Wow, Annee, that's awesome. What an adventure for your family! Honestly, I'm a litte jealous. What a great experience!

Jana said...

Annee,
So I was talking to Drew (Andrew C) last night and he was telling me how he has the worst short-term memory ever, but his mind retains random tidbits, very long term. "For example", he says, "I remember the Zackrisons old phone number in Maryland". I asked him what it was and I think he said 589-6276 (shows how good my short-term memory is). I thought it was a hoot, and got me thinking about you. So I decided I'd pull up your awesome blog, and what do I find, but absolute craziness that you're headed to Korea! What an adventure--think of all the great blogging material you'll have! We still wish you were coming to DC, but can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Annee said...

I cannot believe "Drew" can remember that number. I'll never forget it myself, but that's so funny that he's still got it tucked away in his brain. I'm glad it got you thinking about us! I too wish we were going to make it to DC. It seems as though the stars just never aligned for us in that regard. But, you never know...I wish you had a blog!