Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Day 2 in Jeju (or Cheju for the locals) started with a trip to a Folk Village. I've discussed my feelings about folk villages before. This time the folk village just brought out the plain old silly in us:



After the folk village we headed over to this beautiful mountain and hiked to the top. It was a marathon of steps, but a good physical challenge worked into the day, all before lunch is always delightful.


View from the top



Celebratory self-portrait that we made it to the top!


Lunch followed the hike (don't get me started!).


Followed by a trip to this temple...




The best part of the temple visit was the fact that it started raining and gave me a perfect occasion to use my birthday parasol from my sister Sarah. And just as with all my gifts from my sisters, people started asking me about my cute umbrella. Thanks Sarah, none of the other umbrella were quite as beautiful as mine.



The trip was great. We'll miss our view from the hotel.


P.S. This is the actual view, taken from my actual camera. Not a postcard, or a photo found on Google images. I needed to type that out. I can hardly believe it myself. Being home now just over 24 hours, I look at this photo and wonder if maybe it was a dream. But it wasn't.

1 comments:

Ie Li said...

Annee, you look gorgeous in every picture. I love the parasol.

Looks like an amazing adventure with just the two of you.