Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The "Hawaii" of Korea.

We left Monday afternoon in this aircraft...





Our seats...

And about an hour later we landed on Jeju Island...



The locals love to tell you it's like Hawaii in Korea. I'm not ready to substantiate that claim, but a free trip to a lovely island sans kids is surely very close to Paradise.





The Yongmeori Coast likened to a small version of the Grand Canyon, it was lovely.





Yum, an afternoon snack of sea cucumber and other various shell fish fresh from the sea, was surely hard to pass up. But believe it or not, I didn't eat any.


Couldn't pass up taking this picture. Apparently the jumping picture is an international photo sensation. I thought a few people I know would appreciate the global nature of the phenomenon.

Tomorrow is our last day in Jeju. A trip away always make you appreciate the hard work that goes into creating the joy and happiness that is our family. We'll enjoy our trip, but we are sure glad that normally we have more than just two subjects to photograph.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a great get away!

Samantha said...

I can't believe you rode over in a jump seat! Did they have a beverage service? ha-ha

Rachel F. said...

Oh yes how I love a good jumping pic. They bring out such true expressions of happiness on the face, how can you resist!

Liz said...

How great to get away even if it is exactly like Hawaii! Even better that it was just you and Darin.

Is that the kind of plane that you'll be traveling in to Travis? I'm kind of laughing at that.

Ie Li said...

Yeah, that food looks awful. But everything else looks really beautiful.

That schoolgirl jumping pic is cute.

Jan Hawkes said...

Is that a C130? You guys are celebrities. Only cool people ride in those. (Did you have it all to yourselves?) Who watched the kids? I've been looking for mention of that little detail. I am so impressed with the synchronization of the girls in the jumping photo. Very difficult to achieve. I give it a 9.5!

Annee said...

Yes, I believe it was a c130. We divided our kids up among two different families here in our branch. The trip was short, just two nights and three days, so hopefully it wasn't too much to ask of anybody. We were sure grateful. We were on a tour with about 30 other couples, so the plane was actually full. Very fun!