First of all there was skiing; four days in total. The first two days the boys had lessons, so Darin and I each got a day of skiing solo. By the end of the second day of lessons the boys were quite proficient at skiing. The other two days they enjoyed skiing the green runs with mom or dad. Henry would even ride the lifts by himself.
George
(Of course, there are no pictures of me skiing. On my days, Darin took the girls to Grand Jucntion to gather more supplies, and I was too wimpy to carry a camera while I was skiing.)
The evenings were usually spent with dinner back at the condo and then more fun in the snow.
And of course, the hours of potential fun with the whirlpool bathtub, were honestly limitless. And I could relate. I clearly remember some of the earliest Zackrison family beach week vacations involving hotels with whirlpool bathtubs, and I can still remember the time that we filled it full of bubble bath and turned the jets on. Talk about good times!! So I was happy to let the hours of bath fun be.
On our day off from skiing we took the kids to the hot springs pools in Glenwood Springs. Here the girls fully participated in the family fun. And given that we had found Strawberry Shortcake swimming suits the day before we left, you can just imagine how pleased they were with their swimwear. It was just fun to watch the kids having so much fun.And of course, the hours of potential fun with the whirlpool bathtub, were honestly limitless. And I could relate. I clearly remember some of the earliest Zackrison family beach week vacations involving hotels with whirlpool bathtubs, and I can still remember the time that we filled it full of bubble bath and turned the jets on. Talk about good times!! So I was happy to let the hours of bath fun be.
P.S. I love the image of the snowy mountain in the background of us in the swimming pool. The water was truly toasty.
Thanks Spring Break!! We had a great time.

11 comments:
That looks like tons of fun! Good for you for planning an executing a vacation that didn't revolve around visiting family. We haven't matured to that level yet but maybe soon. I can't believe how great the boys were doing after just 2 days of lessons! I was going to tell you about the Strawberry Shortcake swim suits I saw at Walmart yesterday but looks like you found them!
looks like you guys had fun! sweet sunglasses darin....we should have gotten you some ski goggles before you went!
That looks like a lot of fun. Nothing better when a great sounding idea actually ends up being great. The swimming with the snowy mountain in back looks awesome.
I'm so jealous! That looks like a great family vaca. How's the foot? I'm assuming since you were skiing that it's doing well. I'm bummed you won't get to be there for San Francisco. It would have been nice to see you at the crack of dawn beginning another race. I think I've already told you but Korea sounds like a lot of fun, I'm pretty jealous of that too.
So fun! Such cute photos! So glad you did it. Wish I could've joined you for a day.
The boys aren't skiing with poles. Is that normal for kids learning to ski these days?
Sounds like so much fun. John will be jealous of all the skiing pics. I'm glad your vacation was a success!
All that water time, I bet your girls were in heaven. After only a few weeks in nursery, Hayley had learned from "the big girls" that washing your hands can be great fun. ;o) Sounds like such an awesome vacation for the whole family!!
That sounds like so much fun. I love it how girly your girls are. They would fit in around here!
I love the pictures, especially with all the kids in the bath. I'm so glad everything went so well!
the boys look like pros already! What fun pictures!
I love the family photo with the tongues out. Not everyone is a "raspberry" kind of person apparently...;)
Post a Comment