Many have been asking how I am faring with a lame foot and four little children. Are they behaving extra well? Are they taking on extra responsibility? Are they being my nurse?
Not really. Here is where I found Ruby yesterday afternoon, only after Jane came inside the house to tell me that she was stuck in the tree. Of course, I didn't believe her at first. Ruby has never climbed a tree in her life. I guess with a lame mom, you get all kinds of courage to do crazy things. So that's how I've been taking care of four kids while not operating at 100%. I lost one up in the tree. Lucky for me George was home. He was able to climb up and guide her back down. I did have to take one little step up on a lower branch, and George did tell me to be careful because of my foot. So they are watching out for me, in their own special way.


6 comments:
That is so crazy! I don't think any of my BOYS would be capable of climbing a tree that high. That is definitely one for the memory book! What a cute story.
Wow she is really brave! I'm very impressed.
Oh Annee that's hilarious! It's so funny that they pick up on the fact that you're down so now's the time to try out some new stunts. I hope the tree climbing is the worst of those stunts.
I'm amazed that she can climb a tree! She's a SUPER 3-year old! How's the recovery going? Your kids are sure sweet.
George, I think you are a true hero and a bit of a rock star to save Ruby like that. Keep up the good work!
Annee, you have the best stories!! Mike and I still laugh about George's "naked ladies" story. You seriously need to write a book! Hope your recovery is quick - before someone else finds something dangerous, filthy, or embarrassing to do.
Post a Comment