Sunday, March 09, 2008

First things first.

First of all, I'm very happy to have occasion to take a picture of my Crocs, who definitely deserve a mention. I am not a Corcs person. My kids are, but I've never really thought they were great for the mom too. But Darin got me these ones for my birthday, and I love them. So, please take a moment to admire them and contemplate purchasing some for yourself.


Secondly, this is why I was actually taking a picture of my feet. And it's not pretty. Those two feet don't even look like they belong to the same person, but they do both indeed belong to me. It's a sad story.


On Friday night, I was walking down the stairs off our deck to try to climb into the boys room through the window. They were locked out. The girls had locked all the doors leading into their room during the afternoon, and we had never succeeded to get in. Darin came home sick from work on Friday, so he wasn't able to be helpful either. But I knew their window was unlocked and I knew that I'd be able to fix the problem that way. Unfortunatley, before I actually got to the bottom of the stairs, I thought I was at the bottom of the stairs, so I fell down the last two steps. It was instant pain. George found me on the ground in the back yard, crying like a baby. It made a huge impression, so he ran upstairs to wake up his sick father. Luckily Darin was able to spring into action. He found some neighbors to come over so that he and I could have our Friday night date at the ER. It was romantic. We started remembering all our favorite hospital stays, and by the end we were laughing. And happily, nothing is broken, just sprained. But I sure cried a river over this one. I'm telling you, serious pain! Not to mention a touch of panic as my mind started imagining a life without running and a broken foot that never healed properly. Or something like that. Oh well, good thing I own a cute pair of Crocs.

I guess I won't be running this week. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

sarah said...

Wow that looks really gross. I'm so sorry about your injury. Are you getting any good sympathy out of it from Darin or the kids? Extra good behavior or special favors or anything?

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Oh how horrible! I have had a foot look like that before--except it was both feet when I was pregnant with Sam! I hope that you do have a very speedy recovery! I am quite impressed that your swollen foot can fit in your mom crocs. Another reason to go and get a pair.

Ie Li said...

I'm sorry Annee. I was worried for your running career as well, but was relieved when I read that there was nothing broken. Hope you feel better. I'm wondering how you take care of four kids with a sprained ankle.

Sandy said...

Oh, Annee. I'm so sorry! Your foot looked terrible but your crocs really are cute. I wish you a Speedy Recovery! Maybe you can take a break and read a book or two.

Mandy said...

Oh my! I am so sorry. I think that the reading idea is a good one, and I'm sure you'll be up and running again soon. I hate to hear stuff like this. That is a big bummer. Luckily it's not broken. I wish you a very speedy recovery too!

Zack said...

So, were you really planning on scaling the back wall of your house and climbing in a window? Are the boys still on the second floor?

I hope you have a speedy recovery and you should tell your kids that chocolate cake helps make your feet feel better... they might make you one!

Annee said...

P.S., No I was not planning on scaling any walls. The boys sleep in the basement and they have a "garden" level window. I'm not THAT crazy.

They might all eat chocolate cake with me, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to make it myself.

Katie said...

Ouch! Cut Crocs, though.

Katie said...

That's supposed to say Cute.

Kat said...

ya that's a bad one Annee. I'm so sorry! I don't know how you'll take care of 4 kids...good luck with that :)

Rachel F. said...

That is really amazing how much it has swollen! Has it also turned black and blue by now?

You didn't show a picture of you going through your day with crutches. Have your children taken on the role of your personal nurse?

sara b said...

Your adorable crocs will totally hide the swollen ankle.

I hope it heals soon. I am sure you were told to "take it easy" for a few days. From another mother of 4, YEAH RIGHT!