Saturday, May 08, 2010

Where oh where will we live?!




If I have to spend another day scouring the internet for new rental properties in Chapel Hill, I'm going to lose my mind.  Currently all our evening hours are spent making calls, looking at Google Maps, watching virtual tours, and getting directions to Target  UNC from any given property.

Maybe we're at least zeroing in on a few neighborhoods, and definitely eliminated others.  I guess that's progress I should be happy about.

Want to know some other progress I'm really happy about?  We were at a dinner party tonight.  Once the dinner was over, and the adult after dinner conversation began, our kids started to get bored.  We offered to let Henry walk his little sisters home and put them to bed, and we'd be home in a little bit.  Sure that the chore of putting his little sister to bed would outweigh his desire to relax and veg out on the couch, we were surprised when he jumped at the opportunity to prove his babysitting competence.  And sure enough, when we walked in an hour later, the girls were fast asleep, in pajamas no less, and he was sitting on the couch watching, "Top Chef Masters".    The most beautiful part of the arrangement was how equally happy we all were in that very moment.  Henry really is one of our greatest blessings!  I feel like we're seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel.

 

1 comments:

Valerie said...

I remember going through that when we moved to Seattle temporarily. At least Marcus was IN Seattle so he could check out the properties in person....
Do you know where we finally found ours? Craigslist. If you haven't yet, try it out.
Good luck!