And I even carried my camera around with me a few times throughout the day. I was really going to catch some of our action in photos, but it never happened. It kind of made me realize that in the end, I just might not have that artistic view of seeing the world through the lens of a camera. It's too bad. Pictures make a blog post better.
Top Ten Things that happened today (without pictorial proof):
1. Ruby didn't take any pain medicine all day long. I think she's probably better.
2. The girls and I stayed in pajamas until 12:30, and convinced Darin to come home and visit us during his lunch hour.
3. I made it to the post office and mailed some stuff. It feels wonderful when things get accomplished around here!
4. I finished one of my lingering sewing projects. It wasn't anything big, but it was something I had kind of messed up on, but really wanted to find a way to make it work. I found a way! It made me happy.
5. I took the kids to our very last "Kid's Membership Night" at the Officer's club. The food is mediocre at best, but kids eat free. They do face painting and have a bouncy castle, and the kids always find friends to play with. They leave happy every time. Tonight Henry even won one of the $10 gift cards during the raffle. Way to end on a high note!
6. It was the last time I have to go to Kid's Membership Night!
7. It rained all day long. ALL DAY. But I didn't let it stop me from running a drizzly 5 miles. Running works every time, just like magic. It clears my mind and puts me in a good mood. It seems as though it cannot fail. If I'm grumpy, I should instantly put my running shoes on. I will come home happy. Even if it's raining outside.
8. I got a bunch of emails from my sisters today. I love hearing from them. It doesn't happen often enough. Best of all, it wasn't about anything important, it was just about connecting with one another. Felt almost as good as running 5 miles.
9. Darin and I got to watch the Finale of "Lost" together on the couch tonight. I'm not sure if life gets any better. It's often about the simple pleasures. It's pretty rare that we agree about what to watch on TV. "Lost" (and Modern Family, but it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure) is the only show we both agreed was worth watching. We've watched all six season in Korea. I think Korea will forever remind me of "Lost". And Jiyn and Sun will always be my favorite characters on the show (and they're Korean). I cried when they died.
10. We have less than a week until Summer Vacation 2010 begins! Let it begin already!!! We can't wait to go to Target see our family at long last.
I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow. I promise!
Monday, May 24, 2010
No pictures.
Posted by Annee at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
With all the crazy stuff about Korea in the news lately, I'm glad to see you guys coming home! Sarah and her family are coming back from China about the same time. Moving back to the DC area again. If you all are in Utah again this summer we'd love to see your fam!
I am excited for you!!!
Post a Comment