Tuesday, May 11, 2010
third time's a charm
Ruby's getting her tonsils out on Thursday, and probably her adenoids too. George had this procedure done when he was 2. Jane had it done when she was almost 3. And now Ruby at the ripe old age of 5 will join their ranks. We've been through it many times before, but still, as Thursday gets closer, we're all starting to get a bit more nervous.
Tonight as I was putting her to bed, she said, "Mom, does it hurt to get your tonsils out?"
I told her it wouldn't hurt because she would be asleep, and wouldn't feel anything. But that when she wakes up, it will hurt for a few days. Jane was the one most affected by the news. She was nearly in tears and said, "I do not want to watch!!"
Believe me Jane, I don't either. When Jane came out of her surgery, I got so woozy that they had me lay down on the rolling bed with Jane for fear that I was about to become the patient. I was so relieved to hear Ruby say that she wanted Dad to come with her to the hospital. Good choice Ruby! Of course, I will be there too, but Dad will most definately have to be the bravest one in the room.
Posted by Annee at 7:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Be brave little Ruby and eat lots of popsicle, ice cream, and smoothies. Thank goodness your dad will be by your side with your mom looking on from a chair by the wall in your recovery room. :)
Post a Comment