Finally my procrastinators radar is being alerted to the fact that the movers are showing up at my house Monday morning. I'll be honest, a bit of panic set in today. It prompted me to do crazy things like clean out my storage bin. Locate all our luggage. Find the girls summer clothes, put them in the drawers and remove all things winter from their room.
When Darin got home from work, he was so excited that I was cleaning and organizing ( he dreams of coming home to find me reorganizing a drawer or cleaning out a closet), he couldn't help but join in the fun. He thought together we could clean the boys rooms too. In the end, we had these many bags of clothes located in the kids drawers and closets, that were unwearable:
That's so lame. Why we don't clean things out sooner, is a real mystery. Think of all the new clothes I would have had room for!
In the middle of all the cleaning, I did take the little ladies out to a potluck picnic. A potluck picnic is a really good idea, that way you can eat fruit, even if you didn't bring any.
The ladies also celebrated the arrival of their Saltwater sandals in the mail yesterday, by planning their school outfits around them. For Jane, this meant she had to be all pink!
But really, watching them wear them for the past two days, nearly has me convinced that I should be wearing them too.
Back home, an outfit change was in order. Obviously, the pink outfit had been worn for several hours! The only part I was objecting to in the new look, was the tank top tucked into the knit shorts. When I tried to tell Jane it wasn't that good of a look, she told me how wrong I was. It could be a really long summer if we're going to be fighting over tucked or un-tucked, all summer long!
Oh well, for our first full day sans-car, I am grateful for beautiful weather, friends at the park, new sandals, and newly organized drawers and closets!
See you tomorrow.

2 comments:
I was wondering how you were holding up without a car.
I can't believe all those clothes that no longer fit!! I just put away Grace and George's clothes from our trip, and I'm thinking I should probably clean and organize as well. I'll go ahead and procrastinate another day on that.
I love the saltwater sandals. Maybe Grace needs some too....
Does the A/C work yet??
I heart saltwater sandals. I have them in many colors and sizes. My older girls have outgrown them and it is sad.
I hear you will be in Utah the end of June. I will be also so we should try to hook up!
Post a Comment