Monday, May 17, 2010

301!!!



cel * e * brate:

-verb 
1.  to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities.

But I also liked definition number seven as well:

7.  to have or participate in a party, drinking spree ( of coke zero nightly!), or uninhibited good time.  

We here at the Earnest house are most definitely feeling the need to celebrate.  As I've contemplated the 300th post for some time now, the only thing that sounded appropriate to express how I felt was, "celebrate", or "celebration".  As I mulled it over throughout the weekend, it has done nothing but cheer me and encourage me.  The list of things we have to celebrate is lengthy, and grows longer by the day. 

Top of the list right now:

 
Ruby sleeping with her mouth closed!  This is huge.  This is part of what motivated the surgery (that and the fact that the tonsils were so big they were fusing together!).  She had had a rough night/morning and by 2pm she was past spent.  I helped her find her way to her bed and tried to make her as comfortable as possible.  When I came back a half hour later, I had to take the picture to document the success of it all.  I haven't seen her breathing with her mouth closed, in I don't know how long!  Recovery is torturous, but good health is worth celebrating!!  Cheers to Ruby.   




Our stuff is gone.  Our  SIXTH move is well underway.  And to top it all off, the offspring are thriving, happy and well adjusted.  They are optimistically counting down the remaining 14 days in Korea.  They look to the future and our new "home" with courage and strength.  There is very little complaining that it is our sixth move in twelve years!  Only a wee bit of complaining that there is NOTHING to do now.  Hang on there little offspring, enjoy the calm before the storm!  Hats off to move number 6!!




June 2008

To celebrate how far we've come in Korea, how much we've learned,  how much the kids have grown, how different we are now than we were when we came, I want to give away a "CELEBRATE" banner.  This one to be exact:

 
If you don't have one already, you really should.  There are so very many reasons one might want to hang a "celebrate" banner up in their home.  I know I've left mine up for almost 4 months straight, because every time I went to take it down, I thought of a new reason to leave it up.  



So there you go, my gift to you!!  All you have to do it leave a comment.  Just say "hi", or tell me what you are celebrating right now.  I don't really care what you say in the comment.  Whether I know you, or not, it's all the same to me.  Don't be shy, it's time to CELEBRATE!!!

Let's see how many comments we can get.  I say I'll give the banner away on Wednesday, May 19th.  We'll take all the comments from this post, stick them in a bowl, and let one of the lucky little Earnests pull out a winner.  It should be fun, just the way life is.  

To sum it all up, the blog has helped me over the years look back and appreciate all that we have, all the places we've been, the times I'd forget if I hadn't written them down.  So I celebrate the blog!  

Okay, that's it.  Let's see who I get to mail this banner off to...



23 comments:

Kat said...

Annee! It's been so fun to read about your adventures in Korea but it is time to come home! I sense another high school reunion coming our way :)

Right now, we're celebrating that school is almost over - which means BEAUTIFUL weather for Seattle. We've put up with the rain long enough and now we're excited for no schedules and no rain :)

Anonymous said...

I'll leave a comment! I read your blog all the time...thanks for being so great - I love hearing about all your adventures. Plus it's fun reading about your cousin all the way in Korea :)

In 1 week my husband and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. I'd say that's reason to celebrate!

Liz said...

Only 14 day left?!? That is so crazy.

So glad little Ruby can sleep with her mouth closed making surgery right before you moved worth it!

We are celebrating sleep in this house today because I didn't have to get out of my bed until 8 this morning. I'm also celebrating having run 3 days in a row!

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Things to celebrate this month:
Emilie was baptized, school gets out, and Kyle and I have been married for 13 years!
I'm so glad that you decided to buy that yellow chest at the last minute, by the way. What a fun memory to have.
I love reading BOTH of your blogs! Such fun!

Anonymous said...

Annee, little have you known that I have been following your blog all this time.....well, since you sent a Christmas card a couple years back with your blogspot site on it.

I have to admit, reading your blog has been almost better than the twilight series. Your blogs have uplifted me, encouraged me, inspired me, and have made me laugh.

My only regret is that we didn't become better friends while you were here in Syracuse! Good luck to your family as you begin another adventure....and please keep the blog rolling wherever you may be-

Valerie said...

You are trading places with my sister- she has an Army husband, and will be leaving for Korea in August. I have been able to share some of your experiences with her as they wonder what Korea will be like.

Hope we get to see you guys sometime in the near future!

Rachel said...

What a fun giveaway! Right now I am celebrating the delightful weather we've had here in Portland, after what seemed to be the rainiest spring EVER! Love the banner!

Sarah said...

I'm sad your adventures in Korea are almost over, though you may not be. It has been so fun to read about them all. My favorite has been the pictures of the feet cleaning fish. Congratulations on the 301st post. We are celebrating endings over here. The last week of school, the last week of baseball. The end of Mer's 9th year... can't believe she'll be ten in less than 2 weeks!

Samantha said...

Best of luck on your move, I know I've said it before but, NC is not far from Florida!!!

thebakerbook said...

I do not sew.
Sad I know.
I want your banner so bad. Because I think it’s so rad.
I will hang it with pride. Until the day that I died.?

Hmmm… Pick me.

Kim said...

I'm celebrating that I've nearly completed my fourth grade wax museum project (yet again). I hope I get another A. Yea me.

Brad, Brooke, Abigayle, Rebekah and Indy said...

We are celebrating our car leaving today, dog flying out tomorrow, and belongings next...the big CELEBRATION will occur in July!

Ie Li said...

Annee, we are celebrating life in New York at the moment. But by the time we receive the banner, we'll be celebrating life in our new house in VA.

K. Davis said...

What a fun way to CELEBRATE!! Giveaways are super fun, aren't they? I'm celebrating the fact that we're moving off base in a little over a week, and I'll FINALLY have my very own sewing room! Also, I'll be celebrating my birthday... also, we'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. I think I would put this "Celebrate" banner up in the new home, and not take it down for awhile also!

haha look at how many times I've used the word, "celebrate"?!

Have a safe trip back to the homeland, and be sure to let me know if you ever need some "love" from Happy QUilt.

Hillary Varley said...

I don't know if you really know me but I am one of Christine's friends and love reading about your family's adventures on your blog. My husband and I are celebrating my graduation from BYU and the blessing of wonderful jobs we love. I have always loved Christine's banner and would enjoy one for my own family. Thank you for sharing your adventures and talent of creating :)

Sarah said...

So I hope it's not Wednesday in Korea and I missed the cut off! I am so envious of your (and Liz's) sewing talents. You rock! I hope you enjoy your next AF adventure. I love being an AF wife. Anyway, we should celebrate our age! Can you believe how long ago we were in Helamen Halls? All I worried about was Jeremy and should've spent more time hanging out with you awesome girls! It was fun though. I think about all that's happened since then and just have to celebrate life and all it's happenings. Best of luck with your move.

Kim said...

We are celebrating the end of the school year. It was so fun reading about your adventures in Korea. I hope you enjoy North Carolina. Are you planning on stopping by Colorado Springs this summer?

Rachel F. said...

I must comment because I love celebrations! I am celebrating the fact that a dress I've been stalking at Anthro just went 50% on sale today!!!

It probably isn't really fair for me to enter the giveaway, since I've already been generously gifted with your lovely banners. Plus, I wouldn't hesitate to commission you at any moment.

See you SOON!

~j. said...

I am celebrating that next week is the kids' last week of school for the year. More immediately, I'm celebrating the fact that it's almost bed time.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I am celebrating my upcoming move in a couple of weeks!! Woohoo! I did it. I survived four years here.

Lori said...

hmm I'm celebrating April is over...

Jeff said...

I hope I didn't miss things with the time change. We celebrated Skye's birthday last Sunday and will celebrate Will's this Saturday. We are still enjoying festive decorations until this weekend. So happy you're doing well! Eliza

earnestendeavors said...

Several comments. First, Ruby looks SO sad - I hope she's feeling better! Second, I can't believe you only have 2 weeks left! Are you planning a trip to OR while you're on this side of the US? And third, I celebrate SPRING!! It's warm and sunny and beautiful and it makes me happy!