Thursday, May 06, 2010

In honor of Mother's Day this week...

10 on Tuesday:

What I learned from my mother (how can I limit it to just 10?!):




1.  To have Faith.

2.  That life is better if you are willing to forgive. 

3.  To dedicate your life to your family is a worthy and lofty pursuit. 

4.  The value of education. And the joy that comes along with curiosity.  

5.  She taught me how to sew!

6.  To be sympathetic, and non-judgmental.  You just don't know what's inside another person.  She always said, "only God knows".  She is right.

7.  That you were a wife before you were a mother, and not to forget how important it is to be a great wife.

8.  To face my fears, because I watched her facing hers.  

9.  To be flexible.  Not in terms of doing the splits.  That, she never could teach me.  But from her I learned that plans B, C, or even D can work too.  There are many so many solutions to any given problem.  

10.  To honor my roots.

And the lists continues to grow...

1 comments:

Katie said...

What a great list and tribute to your mother.