Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Russian food to impress our Russian...

We felt it was about time that we featured Russia as our international food experience on Sunday. So Russia it was. We kind of cheated, it's a long story but the pirogis weren't homemade. But do not be saddened we have made them from scratch several times, so we could have if we had wanted to. But the salad was completely authentic and from scratch. I think Darin may have even translated the recipe from Russian?! Anyway, it was all delicious and beautiful.


Unfortunately the boys didn't love it. They ended up with bowls of cereal. But at least everyone tried everything. And that's all that is required.
Darin still wearing his apron vouched to the authenticity of flavors. Thanks to my boys for a delicious Sunday meal. And please take note of my adorable Target table cloth. It really adds the perfect touch if you ask me. Too bad it was disposable. I was actually sad to throw it away. But was so happy that it had only set me back $1.50.

1 comments:

sara b said...

It all looks very authentic. What is the dish that looks like pouched eggs? Where do you find your recipes? I don't think I would even know where to start.

One whole month. I think the tradidtion has taken hold. Good for you guys!