Sunday, September 16, 2007

19 Days 9 Hours and 21 Minutes...

Until the St. George Marathon, which is why I was up before the sun on Saturday to complete my final LONG run in my training regime.

Me, thinking to myself about how afraid of the dark I am...

The trail head, you can't even see it, it's so dark.

22 Miles later a brilliant sky

And me again, feeling triumphant. Conquered fear of dark, and fear of running 22 miles!

3 comments:

Rachel F. said...

woohoo!! way to go! you look much happier in your post picture than in your pre-run picture. i can definitely relate to that! before the run you wonder what the heck you're doing and after you're proud and in disbelief about what you've just accomplished.

st. george here we come

Mandy said...

Hey!
This is Lisa's friend Mandy in utah. I am so excited that you are going to run St. George. I am running it too. You are much better than I am . I didn't run my last long run. I ended at 18. Now i am feeling very nervous! The goal now for me is to finish. We'll see!
I hope I see you there!
Good Luck!

Annee said...

Hi Mandy, Lisa's friend. She told me you were running too. Do not dispair. Somedays you are just not meant to go the full distance. I'm sure you'll do great in St. George all the same. A little feeling of guilt/nerves can actually benefit you come marathon day. Have you run on before? I hope we can meet! See you in a few.