Thursday, September 20, 2007

Recipe

Do you need something delicious to do today? Here is the Blondie recipe. The best part about it is that I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Enjoy! Let me know if you make them...
Rachel’s Peanut Butter Blondies

1 ½ c. Butter
1 ½ c. Peanut Butter
2 ½ c. Sugar
3 Eggs
2 Tb. Vanilla
*3 c. Self-rising Flour

Cream together butter, peanut butter and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla. Finally add the flour. Spread in a jelly roll pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

*1 c. self-rising flour = 1 c. minus 2 tsp of regular flour. Plus 1 ½ tsp. baking powder and ½ tsp. salt.

(Sounds complicated but it’s not!)

Once it bakes pull it out of the oven, let it cool a bit, then add the frosting.

Frosting:

1 c. Peanut Butter Chips (I have also used chocolate chips, either one is delicious.)
3 Tb. Heavy Cream (I usually use whole milk)
1 c. Crushed Heather Bars (I don’t usually add this. It would be delicious, but I rarely have extra Heath bars laying around. That would require a special trip to the store.)

In a pan over medium high heat melt the peanut butter chips with the cream. Stir continuously so as not to burn. Once all the chips are melted, pour the frosting over the cooled bars. Slice and enjoy!

2 comments:

Alyssa Lark said...

Annee,
I made them today and they are sooooo good. I feel like I should give them away or else I will eat them all myself and that would be bad. Thanks for the recipe.
Alyssa

Annee said...

Oh, I'm so glad you tried them out. They are to die for. But they make the hugest batch ever. Start giving them away to anyone who walks past your house. Otherwise you will eat them all yourself. Turst me, I know! Sorry to hear about your peeling skin. Maybe peanut butter blondies will help you heal.