Friday, August 29, 2008

Step aside chocolate chip cookies.

My new friend and neighbor, Amy, told me about this little treat that she likes to make. She swore it was simple, and completely delicious. She was not kidding. These cookies are amazing. So simple, and yet so delectable. Please make some today. You will not regret it in the least.

(except you might regret it after you have eaten five of them...)


The recipe:

1 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
(cream all of those ingredients together)

In a separate bowl combine:

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Form the dough into little balls. Drop the balls into your mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.



While the cookies are baking set your special helpers to task unwrapping the Reeses mini peanut butter cups. When the cookies are done baking, bring them out of the oven and quickly stick a peanut butter cup into each cookie.

Enjoy!

After Darin got home from work tonight, we decided dinner should be in Korea (as Ruby said). And thank goodness we moved to Korea, otherwise we might not have been able to eat at such a place as Casa Del Mexicano. The reason it's good, their chef is Mexican. Who would have guessed?!



Then we did a little walking around in our neighborhood. Here are some of our usual sights....The main gate to Osan Air Base. The boys were less than eager to pose.

The bag shop that carries "Jack Georges". But mostly every time we see that sign, we think of George's best friend Jack, who we had to leave back in Colorado Springs. We think of him a lot when we walk around off base.


The produce truck.

He drives around with a loud speaker announcing all of the available produce on his truck that day. It's a strange voice that comes out of his loud speaker, but I guess it's convenient to have your produce come to you, rather than you have to go find the produce? I have yet to use the service.




We will never want to forget this place. We stop here EVERYTIME we go out the front gates. Our DVD collection has nearly tripled since our over seas move. The boys love this place. Tonight I made Henry do the transaction all on his own. He was nervous, as usual, but I felt like he's seen me do it enough times that he could handle it. I needed to take pictures.

Just a typical Korean store front. Please read the sign: "one who views in unique manner". I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I have yet to view in unique manner I guess. I just walk past this store.

Of course, Miss Kim's BUR GER truck. If you enlarge the picture, you will see her piles of eggs available. It's hot outside. I do not see any refrigeration on those eggs. Do you think that's okay? I don't really. Maybe that's why Korea smells so weird.

Of course some things are universal, no matter where in the world we are, like how cute Jane is.

(and yes, that couple in the back ground are wearing matching outfits. It's something you see often around here. I have no idea the meaning behind it. But it's fairly common.)

Anyway, some days all of these sights feel so normal, but I just wanted to make sure and record them, because really, it's not so normal here.

The End.

11 comments:

Strommer Family said...

Very cute to see all your "amongst Korea" shots and don't you love the DVD place...oh yeah definitely tripled our collection as well!!

Kat said...

I still can't believe my friend lives in Korea. I love to see the pictures though. That last one of Jane IS cute and I think I see a Baskin Robbins on the left? If that's the case I'd do just fine. Do they have World Class Chocolate in Korea? Because that's the best ice cream EVER!

Coon Family said...

Those cookies are amazing! Cameron made them for me when we were just dating and I was hooked! On the cookies and on him. Really rich and recommend to always have a glass of milk handy.

sarah said...

Those cookies do sound great. I guess I'd better get a mini muffin pan. Sounds like you guys have really figured "Korea" out. It's impressive how quickly things become routine and familiar. What about the language - are you picking up any words?

Laura said...

I LOVE those cookies! My sister-in-law brought them to a reunion and I couldn't get over how yummy they were (helps when you're addicted to Reeses!)

Thanks for sharing all the "normal" sights in Korea that are so ... weird! Like, what on earth are eggs doing on a hamburger stand?!?!

AP said...

those cookies look so good! it's fun to see your cute kids in korea :-)

Liz said...

The cookies look delish, and your helpers are adorable!!! How great that they can help with the tedious tasks. Mexican food in Korea??? Eggs baking in the sun waiting to make someone sick??? Jane is too cute, and I LOVE that she carries her baby doll around. Thanks for sharing all the *normal* sites of Korea. I think you should sew matching outfits for you and Darin!!

Susan said...

Annee, we had so much fun with you girly today!! So sorry we didn't stay longer, I was out of won, and I was tired. Ms Shara
and us girls stayed up late the night before. I really hope you had a great time today. We were so glad to have you. Mr OH said I didn't get enough fabric to make my skirt :( I may try it on my own and play aorund with it. I wish we had more time to get to know each other. Next time you come
over here to the park sometime, give me a call I'd love to have you over. Can't wait til Everland on MOnday.070 7597 0700
Love,
Susan

Karin said...

way to document the 'ordinary' because as you noted, it is far from ordinary life.
Will be buying a mini muffin pan and reeses TODAY!

Jarad said...

I found your blog and I thought I would say hi. I hope things are well in Korea. I am sorry that we missed you while we were both in Colorado Springs. I would have liked to say hi! --Rochelle Van Wagoner

The Earnest Family said...

Why is it that you are just now experiencing those wonderful cookies after you left the country? Those are Chases fav and I have been telling him latly that Wal-mart is out of mini-reeses...is that concidered a lie or just a small fib? (they really could be out, I just never make it to the candy isle so I dont really know for sure, right?)