Monday, August 18, 2008

Flammin' hot pants and stuff.

Some smokin' pants were sewn for Henry today. It was decided that everyone should have an article of clothing to remember the sewing craze of '08. Tonight, if all goes well, I will get mine.

Henry got his this morning. (Which will soon become George's. I added 3 inches to the pattern in the length, thinking surely that would suffice for Henry. His legs are darn long.)

The girls wore their 45th thing (girl stuff is just so cute to make!) on Sunday. We've been holding off with the bird dresses until we had the matching purses to go with them. I worked like crazy on Saturday night on the matching bags. But I just couldn't do it. Somewhere around 1am the instructions suddenly didn't make any sense. So the lining is not attached. But Jane insisted that she could carry the bag anyway.

George got his apron. You know what this means, Darin is being left out. Help me think, we should definitely think of something fun to sew up for him. Maybe matching pants to Henry? I will think on that.


Steve, here is our church building. The front side is probably more noticeable, but it was complicated on Sunday, so this was the best I could do. Were you ever there?

And that's it for now. Six days until the first day of school!! And then the sewing will really begin. Just kidding. You know, I post this stuff for a few reasons...

1. Someday when I'm totally over sewing I'll be able to look back and remember when it used to come so easily.
2. As a sewer, I'm always looking for inspiration. Maybe others out there are just looking for a cute idea to try, or a tiny spark of inspiration to take needle and thread to fabric.

I have no other reasons, I guess. Oh yeah, my sisters like to see what I make.

But seriously, I have more fabric and more patterns, so it's alright to keep sewing, right?!

8 comments:

sarah said...

We do indeed love to see what you're making. Love the hot pants. And the little purse. Is that some of the ribbon we sent? It looks great! Your church building looks a bit like a barn.

Rachel F. said...

Yes! Keep sewing! You gotta keep going until you've worked through everyone in your immediate family and are then sewing things for your sisters :-)

And yeah, what's with the barn church? Is it a ward or a branch? Is it military/international?

What are the kids' feelings about school starting?

Brooke said...

hmmm...maybe a flame bow tie for Darin? :) Love the sewing...you've just about inspired me...I've got the Amy Butler pattern for the birdie sling....just have to find the energy to get started!
Glad to see you're doing well!
Brooke

Susan said...

Too Cute Annee. That's great that you can sew for everyone in your family. My husband works with your husband. Paul just saw his picture on your blog. We're in the AOC planning dept. Tell him my hubby's name is Paul Brockway or his call sign is Rider. He got that name when we were dating and he was always driving to see me. Well have fun sewing. Miss you guys, hope to see you soon,
Susan

Darin said...

The back side of the church does look a bit barn like. Come to think of it, the inside feels somewhat barn like as well. It is a military/American branch that we attend. However, we share the building with the local branch(es) that meet there.

Yes Sarah, the purses and dresses are decorated with the ribbon that you sent. Thanks!

Ana said...

I think you should make Darin a cape. I think he could pull off that look. I have been contemplating taking the plunge and making a cape for Jack...they could be cape buddies.

Christine said...

How can Ruby be so sad in such a cute new dress?? Definitely keep up the sewing, slowly I am being inspired to give it a try, so I need to keep seeing your creations.

Strommer Family said...

OF COURSE it's okay to continue...as long as you help me start!! Please!! I know, when school starts hopefully there'll be more time!!