I passed my drivers license test! So I took the children to the hotel on base that has a donut shop in the lobby. They each got to choose two donuts to enjoy in a foggy, muggy, rainy, summer morning. A lady walked out and saw them all eating donuts and said, "Wow, you are all going to be hyper this morning." I rolled my eyes. What does she know?! We can handle our donuts very well, thank you very much.
The hotel atmosphere prompted the ladies to say that they were certain Grandma would be upstairs. Could they please just take the elevator up to her room?! The last time they saw their Grandma Z., it was at a hotel. They are convinced she still resides there. And they ask at every hotels we come across if they might go visit Grandma. That's kind of sweet and sad all at the same time. I wish they knew her house in Germany.
The hotel atmosphere prompted the ladies to say that they were certain Grandma would be upstairs. Could they please just take the elevator up to her room?! The last time they saw their Grandma Z., it was at a hotel. They are convinced she still resides there. And they ask at every hotels we come across if they might go visit Grandma. That's kind of sweet and sad all at the same time. I wish they knew her house in Germany.
Enjoy yesterday's sewing project. A lovely pattern I purchased on Etsy, and have since been able to sew three times. It's that easy. To spice it up on the third time, I tried to do an applique. I think it's cute. Ruby wore it with joy this morning. And that in turn filled me with joy.
Now on with the rest of the day!

7 comments:
Congratulations on being able to drive in the beautiful Korea! Watch out for the crazy drivers, which includes me!! Weren't the donuts fantastic?! You know you won mom of the day for that treat. Did you find Grandma? That's so sweet and sad :(
Once again it's completely adorable. Way to go. Love the applique. Love the fabrics. Were these Seoul market finds? It's so great your girls are at the perfect age to appreciate your craftiness.
Way to go! Does this mean that you'll be going to Seoul more often now? The strawberry dress is absolutely adorable! When will you be selling on etsy?
Does everyone have fond memorie of visiting their grandma's house? I know I do -- full of interesting corners to explore. It would be wonderful if one day my grandkids could visit Grandma's house in La Canada and remember Grandma and Grandpa there. That house has many wonders that they would enjoy....maybe someday.
The pool alone would seal the memory in their little minds forever. I am also hopeful that they will get to remember that their grandma lives in a lovely house in La Canada. Both for their sake and yours. They are only 3. They have many years ahead of them to know where their grandma lives.
Annee,
Congrats on taking the test and doing great on it. I need to take my kids to check out the donut shop there. Your kids are absolutely adorable. Love the dress with the berry on it. :)
LOVE the dress.
Post a Comment