Today I decided I liked summer. At one point as I was walking around somewhere with all four of my children, I realized I wasn't annoyed. I realized that I was glad that we were all together. I thought, at least when we are all together I know what everyone is doing and how they are doing it. I hear about how they are feeling, and what they are saying, and how they are behaving. In other words, I'm there. And I decided today that that's really important to me. So while I don't love taking four kids to the grocery store, the post office or the embroidery shop, today I felt a sort of peace while doing it, knowing that it was the right thing to be doing.
Jane told me tonight to take her picture because she looked like a mommy. I thought that was sweet.
Darin picked up George's apron from the embroidery shop this evening. We were all very excited about that. It inspired George to put it on and make dessert for everyone. He made a pot of hot chocolate. At that moment I fell in love with my children all over again, because do you know any other four children who unanimously agree that a pot of hot chocolate in August is an outstanding solution for dessert? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Now the question remains, should it happen tonight? Or should I go to bed?!
Those are my notes from today.

8 comments:
That's cool that you got to the point of liking summer. I'm not quite there yet, but maybe when school starts again and we have to get up and ready so early, I'll decide summer was better.
I love all your aprons. So have you made one for yourself yet? You're getting quite good with the gathers.
did you make those aprons? or are those the ones christine sent you? they're so cute!
i love that you're sewing. i think my biggest challenge with sewing is coming up with good ideas. so i admire that you can
You are just too funny! Isn't is nice when your heart just melts at being a mommy?! You are a super one! I hope you went to bed last night, I did, and it felt so right!! I just can't keep up with you Annee!
Those are the aprons from Christine, that the girls are wearing. But I think I'm on the verge of attempting one. I have done enough gathering with the skirts to last a lifetime! But somehow I sense it's just the beginning of all the gathering that I'll be doing...
I did go to bed. Only to be woken up repeatedly by the ladies who had one problem after another in the wee hours of the morning. I hate that!
Our children must be related....mine all came in from the "tree-fort" in 80 degree weather and declared that they now needed hot chocolate. I even made myself a cup, and I have to admit, it's a great dessert...cold weather or no!
Funny thing, we had beignets and hot chocolate for dinner on Friday (one of the hottest days of the summer so far). The kids loved it.
I love days like these...I admire how you view your life experiences honestly, and glass half full! I had my first pedicure this weekend also...what a fine way to spend some time. We miss you!
I love this. I love that you appreciate time with your kids! And i love that you documented it, so that tomorrow when reality hits again and there are 4 arguing rascals running around, you can re-read your thoughts of this near-perfect day and be happy.
Post a Comment