Saturday, August 02, 2008

A few great things happened this week...


Yeah, I'm still sewing. But, for this week it makes the list of great things happening. How could it not? Check out Ruby's adorable tiered skirt. Jane had a matching one a day or two later. It was super fun to make, and even more fun to watch the ladies walk about town in. And yes, I did mean literally walk around town in. At this point in our week, we were still walking, but keep reading, the week gets better...



You know, a while back, my sister wrote a post about something she self-titled and diagnosed as"obsessive personality disorder". I read her post and felt almost sorry for her the way she had to cut out certain activities in life simply because she thought she couldn't find the proper balance. I pondered the situtaion for a while, and concluded that I was not in her same boat. At the time, I couldn't say that I had anything that so completely obsessed my attention. I'm wondering if it's time to re-examine the situation?!






Here's the link to the tiered skirt. Come on, how about you make one too, then I won't be the only one obssessed?!






After I had two skirts under my belt, I managed to have a morning where all the children were away. The ladies had gone off to play at "pre-school", and the boys had banded with the other Cub Scouts on base for a Scout Play Camp. I headed off solo down to the "market" thinking I needed some stuff. But on my way into the BX I happened past the beauty salon that was looking quiet and empty. I popped in and to my utter delight discovered a $17 spa pedicure, which was so deluxe it took up a full hour of time. Come on, what is summer good for, if you aren't allowed to waste away an hour on a spa pedicure?




Of course the crowning acheivement of the week, was when Darin went and retreived the mini-van. Never has a family so loved their car, as the Earnests! We thought of places to go on Friday, just to be all together in the car. We drove through and got food. We drove to the outdoor swimming pool. We drove to the post office. And we drove to the grocery store. It was almost too good to be true. And to top it off, Friday was 98 degrees (and you know what that means around here!). So Darin definitely won "husband of the year award" for producing such a miracle on such a hot day! Thank you Darin.

More great things from the week... an unexpected package from best friend Nancy. She just happened to think of me, by sending some adorable tops she found on super clearance at her "stores". Nancy has a super clearance gift. She has had it since high school. Thanks a million times for adding such fun to my day Nancy!!




And finally, the whole family got to come check out the fabric store for themselves today. Having devoted so much time to sewing lately, I thought everyone should come and have a look at the fabric store. I told George that he could find some fabric for me to make him an apron. Here's the finished product with a classic George pose. We will have his name embroidered this week. It just so happens that we also have a embroidery shop right in front of the BX. And who could have predicted that such a kiosk would add to my joy here in Korea?!




8 comments:

Alyssa Lark said...

an hour long pedicure...that amazing. I glad you guys got the van finally. that must be a relief.

sarah said...

Wow I can't even believe you had the morning to yourself and got to get a pedicure. That right there would have been enough to support your title.

The key symptoms of OPD are: laundry piling up (even if it's washed but never gets folded & put away), several nights of no dinner prep, kids tugging at you to get you away from the sewing machine, husband complaining of too many nights going to bed alone, too much TV... you get the idea. I have always been impressed at how well you can balance your activities.

Liz said...

Inexpensive fabric, unbelievably priced pedicure, and I'd have to believe well priced embroidery, Korea doesn't sound so bad to me!! I could do without the heat, but have a car with A/C I'm sure helps.

At least your obsession is a healthy one. Sewing is a talent and aren't we supposed to develop our talents. Keep it up, and keep sharing the "how to" links. I'm saving them for when I have some free time in about 6 months.

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

You've inspired me to go and get a pedicure today, but not to attempt sewing a tiered skirt. And hooray for Darin for getting your wheels back.

Strommer Family said...

Hey Annie...I"m so glad I happened across your blog..from a link on Shara's and when I saw your name and then something about the Earnest Review I got my hopes all up that it was yours and it was!!!!! ;) Yeah times for me who loves to I guess just "spy" on other people's lives as they happen!! ;)

Jana said...

WOW! What an impressive seamstress! Clothing, curtains, aprons...is there anything you can't do? What a fun hobby.

Christy said...

Are you kidding me you can sew all of that? That is amazing and I LOVE it. Sewing is another talent I wish I had. Good thing I have my mother-in-law!

Susan said...

Hi Annie, I came across your blog on Shara's page. Would you mind if I add it to my list or blogs I read? Nice curtains and dresses. It was really nice to meet you at the pool the other day. Patty is a friend of mine and she told me you know each other. ( Patty Anderson) We should get together sometime. Love all the things you've made.
Love, Susan
My blog is Brockway family on Shara's blog
my email is riderf16@i-mnet.com