Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another weekend.

Another weekend come and gone. I'm not counting, but I think it's our 6th one (which means there are only 98 to go). Shara blessedly took me again to the Happy Quilt. Just to try to give you a visual, here is what we are dealing with at the fabric wearhouse. Stacks upon stacks, and you never know what might be lurking in a bag in a corner somewhere.



After the fabric store excursion, I came home and tried to rally the troops to go "downtown" in the rain. With the promise of more cheap DVDs, everyone found their shoes. Henry picked the newest Indiana Jones, George got some Star Wars Clone War thing, and the girls, Sleeping Beauty! Henry's DVD quality leaves MUCH to be desired, but the rest are awesome for only $3. We meandered through our random "downtown" while rain intermittently fell. We now proudly own six umbrellas, one for each member of the family.



While wandering we found "Mr. Potato Guitar Shop" for uncle Scott. Now maybe he'll come and visit us?! It was finally time to come back home and have dinner and settle into a long night of sewing.


Ruby got the new dress this time. Jane is still waiting for her "bird" dress to be finished, but I promised her she could wear it to church as soon as it's done. So she settled on "the" skirt.


You know, the required ballerina pose.

And finally, curtains for the dining room.

The good thing about sewing is that it means I'm up late at night, just in case anyone might call me at 1am, thinking it is 1pm, from the states. I'll talk to anyone from home, no matter the AM or PM. It was a lovely chat sister, in the wee hours of the morning. I have piles of fabric now for a full week's worth of entertainment. But, I also promised I will get the boys registered for school this week. And Darin has promised that we'll have our car by the weekend! So there is LOTS to look forward to. Good night for now. (Every now and again you need a night to catch up on the lost sleep...)

7 comments:

sarah said...

So you switch the AM/PM and add 3 hours. Or do you add 3 hours and then switch the AM/PM? One way it's 1pm, the other way it's 1am. Oh well, I'll take my chances.

Your curtains are perfect! I'm glad you went with a pattern in there against your solid walls. Gives it the perfect amount of intrigue. And the new dress is great. But I'm not sure how well I'd do in that warehouse. Looks like your finely tuned sale rack hunting skills are really being put to the test.

Too Friends said...

Annee,
Everytime I visit your blog, I am very envious of your fabric options. Recognizing all of them from various stores / websites - most recent was Vera Bradley! Anyway, sounds like you're having quite an adventure. It's really nice to read all about your life there so far.
best, Stephanie

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

The fabric store looks like a blast. Mr Potato might lure Scott there and that fabric store might bring me! The curtains are great! I can not wait to tune in next time to see what you have created.

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

I love your curtains and your amazing sewing skills! She cooks, she sews, she runs like the wind! You are my hero.

sara b said...

I would say the name "Happy Quilt" is just a little misleading! The name really should be "The Needle in the Haystack"

But I do have to say I am very jealous of your fabric selection!

sara b said...

And your sewing skills!

Katie said...

I LOVE those curtains and other amazing sewing marvels you made. Way cool fabrics.