Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 2, of "My Life As a Seamstress"

I had a little bit of fabric left, so a dress was produced. It's not totally done, I'm still waiting on my double-fold bias tape to arrive in the mail...other than that, it's pretty darn cute. It could use a bit of embellishing, so for that I will continue to seek inspiration at all my online fabric stores. (Since the dreamy Korean fabric warehouse doesn't sell notions.)






Ruby and Snow White were feeling a little left out, so they posed for a picture too. Ruby put her skirt back on for day 2 full of fun in it. I was okay with that, seeing as I was still pretty proud of myself.

Anyway, I'm out of fabric now. My new friend Shara is going to take me back to the fabric store, but it's only open on Wednesday and Saturday. Because of the pretend war, we couldn't go today, so I'll be dreaming of fabric until Saturday comes around...more creations to follow next week.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

sarah said...

Wow you're on a roll. It's adorable! Way to go.

Greg and Shara said...

Okay, now I'm really jelous! Really, you outdid yourself again!!! Looking forward to next weeks creations and the visit to our fabric store :)

Kim said...

So cute! Who needs Gymboree when you can make your own cute dresses and skirts?

Ie Li said...

love the dress and the skirts. What a talent. We are seriously lacking in good fabric stores here. I'm jealous of your Korean fabric store.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Love this dress. Please post the link to this pattern.

sara b said...

Annee, I am so jealous! I WISH I could sew, but I just can't follow a pattern at all! Where do you find your patterns? The dress and the skirts are just so adorably cute. You really have talent.

Lori said...

you should sale those on ebay when your done with them...I'd bet you'd get a pretty price. Like Kim said who needs Gymboree-- watch out for Annees.

Brooke said...

Annee- that dress looks like the pattern I use for Maggie's dresses...I'm glad to see you got the pattern...it's fun and very versatile...you can switch it up in lots of ways...
Way to go with the sewing...I can't seem to find the energy lately. I'm inspired now!
Brooke

Annee said...

Yes Brooke, that is the pattern I used, the same one you told me about. And thank you for tip! Lisa, it's Simplicity pattern 4292 and it is simple. Believe me. I did the whole thing (including the cutting) in about threeish hours. Of course, I need to finish the armholes, but other than that, it's complete.

Liz said...

Another beautiful masterpiece! Your fabrics are so cute!! What online fabric stores do you frequent?

Annee said...

The fabric is $3 a yard here at the fabric warehouse that Shara showed me. It's amazing! It makes all the difference when sewing to be using fabric that was such a deal, and yet so, so cute.

Grandma Z said...

Yes, the dress and skirts are pretty. Yes, the models are smiling. But sewing left my life because of the mess on the kitchen table. What is the REST of the story?
Love, Grandma Z