Or do I got to do everything my self around here?! I just can't seem to find the words to describe all the happenings. On Saturday, Darin gave me the day off to head up to Seoul with some friends. I hit the fabric market again. And I also found the girls some delightfully Asian pjs.
Right after this picture was taken, the girls started fighting.
Jane insisted that the red ones should be hers. I told her we'd take turns with both of them, and we would share them both. About five minutes later Ruby came to me in tears, in nothing but her underwear, saying that Jane took her pjs off from her. Sure enough Jane had wrestled the jammies right off of Ruby's body. That's sort of the way it's been going around here lately. Like on Monday when we had a day off for Labor Day, we decided it would be lovely to finally take the kids to Everland Theme Park.

It's a slightly creepy imitation of Disneyland. Seriously, click on the link, it is almost an exact duplicate, only with a Korean twist (as in all the food is gross). But everyone says it's a great time for families and it's super close and easy to get to, so we decided we'd give it a try. Only it rained, ALL DAY LONG. But we stayed, in the rain, ALL DAY LONG. The kids all say it was tons of fun. I'm reserving judgment until we return on a sunny day.
Of course, we left the camera in the car. I told you, it's been one of those weeks.

It's a slightly creepy imitation of Disneyland. Seriously, click on the link, it is almost an exact duplicate, only with a Korean twist (as in all the food is gross). But everyone says it's a great time for families and it's super close and easy to get to, so we decided we'd give it a try. Only it rained, ALL DAY LONG. But we stayed, in the rain, ALL DAY LONG. The kids all say it was tons of fun. I'm reserving judgment until we return on a sunny day.
Of course, we left the camera in the car. I told you, it's been one of those weeks.
But today was good. Today was the girls' first day of preschool. They woke up happy and excited about going. Ruby wanted to wear Jane's strawberry dress (I have no idea how they decide what belongs to who.), and Jane actually let me pick out what she is wearing. They both let me do their hair and we were on time!
As we were parking the car here is what Ruby said to Jane,
"Whatever Jane, it's not scary at school. Just get out of the car."
At one point, all three of them were singing a song at the same moment, making up lyrics as they went.
Jane's went a little something like:
"About my dreams, I dream about Belle.
My dreams I know. I'm a nice girl.
I like my friends. It's going to be fun."
"About my dreams, I dream about Belle.
My dreams I know. I'm a nice girl.
I like my friends. It's going to be fun."
Her little buddy Kaleb's song went a little something like:
"I dream about rhinos and their sounds.
I like going crazy.
I like going wild, like my dinosaurs."
You can't tell me that girls and boys aren't different! I won't believe you.
Here are some of the fabrics and some of the creations that have made me happy recently:


13 comments:
In all your lovely creations (and they ALL are lovely, don't get me wrong)-that little dress you made for your friend's daughter is by far my favorite....It is too adorable!! ;) I'm still waiting for my sewing lesson...you name the day and I'll be there!! ;)
Sorry about all the fighting and that you always have to do everything. Your fabrics are beautiful and inspiring. And that dress for Liz's daughter is adorable! That's exciting that your girls got to start school. What are you going to do with all your free time?!
With weekend trips to the fabric mart and the girls in school, I can't wait to see what you make for Halloween costumes. I imagine the sky's the limit. Oooh, how fun.
Are Jane and Ruby the same height again? Ruby looks like she's lost some ground...
YOu have made some way cool stuff. I hear you about the fighting. I think Isaac and Lucas have tried to kill each other a few times this past month and have even started pestering Ariel. I guess she is getting out of the baby stage and free game now. Give me a call. WOuld love to talk to you. You are inspiring me to pull out my sewing machine sometime soon.
Grace made your blog. What an honor! We love the pinny! It's hard to believe that Jane and Ruby fight when they look so sweet and innocent standing next to each other. I can only imagine Jane wrestling Ruby down and getting her jammies off of her. One day that will be a funny story to tell them. Good luck.
As always, your creations are so cute. Loved the update.
Hey Annee, You know you are living out my dream with all the sewing you are doing. Such fun fabrics to work with. Did you know great fabric at your fingertips would be a perk when you agreed to the Korea adventure? I love it keep it up.
Annee- Thank you for making my morning at the expense of the "ladies". I chuckled (out loud, which doesn't happen very often) at the mental picture of Jane ripping of Ruby's red pjs and running off in victory. Ok. I guess I kind of made up the last part.
Sarah M., I had no idea about the fabric that would be available to me here in Korea. In fact, Darin almost tried to get me to leave my sewing machine in storage! I still laugh about that one.
Sandy, I'm glad I made you laugh out loud about my ladies. It happens to me often, so I'm glad to spread the love.
Annee-you make such cute things! I'd love to learn to make Ainsley some little dresses like you make. The fabric you get really makes the outfits though! Maybe our paths will cross someday with the AF. I have a feeling we'll be here in FL for a long time though! Enjoy Korea!
Okay Ms Annee, That apron, the dress, they are to cute. I'm in line for sewing lessons too!!!! I love how you put everything together, and the little ladies in their pjs. My girls loved theirs, and that trip was so fun. I wish I'd bought elastic and buttons at DOmdamun to mkae an apron like yours. Too cute, great job girly!
Love ya, Susan
I agree with Sandy. That is pretty funny. Although it makes me realize the fighting in my house isn't that unusual. Thanks for making me feel "normal."
I love the gold fabric, and the fruit fabric, and the bird fabric. You have great taste.
Post a Comment