Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One giant point for Colorado!

Because, I never saw this spider living there!!!

Enough said, right?!



But, it was a beautiful sunny day today. On my walk to capture a photo of the spider, I turned back to see if the ladies were still behind me. My heart was warmed as I caught a pure glimpse of their bond. I was happy to have the camera at that moment. I hope I can remember the warm feeling that went along with that moment.

My word wall, photographed, as promised for my sisters. No comments necessary. I've been taking a bit of grief that I put vinyl letters on my wall. But in my defense, I think it turned out rather "Crate and Barrel"ish.

I hung the words up on Sunday morning, before church. After church, George came walking out of primary with a little bag of kissables. It's 4pm when it's after-church, and we're all hungry and tired. When George got to the car, he started handing out kissables to his siblings. He was genuinely happy about it too. I said something like, "George, that's really nice of you to be sharing with everyone." And he said, "Well mom, it says "share" on our wall now. I want to try harder to share."

Maybe you want to consider putting the word "share" on your wall too...



Ruby is learning "all about me" at preschool this week. I took a picture of her this morning. When I showed her how it turned out she said, "I look angry, because, because, I was angry. I wanted to take a picture of you. Then I would show you a happy face."

I just thought that was funny.



P.S. Does anyone know what that gross spider is called? Henry and George have heard it rumored about on the playground that if he takes one bite of you, you would fall straight to the ground, poisoned. I'm not entirely upset about such playground rumors. But I'm pretty sure it's false. They would like me to back up my claim. I just don't know what that ugly spider is called.

P.P.S. The only thing more fun than sewing, is seeing your creations being worn. Please click here to enjoy Baby June sporting her "Annee Earnest Originals". She makes the perfect model, whether she wants to be or not!

16 comments:

sarah said...

that spider is truly disgusting. how big was it? hard to tell scale from the picture. i love your word wall. it turned out great and not at all dorky. where'd you get those great plates?

Kim said...

If anyone could pull off vinyl lettering with panache, it's you! I love the "share" part of the story. Very nice, George.

Annee said...

Kim, thank you for using the word panache. The plates came from Anthropologie, of course.

Rachel said...

I like your word wall! Share is the perfect word for children. And I have been using Vouge patterns (to answer your question) They are great, with plenty of extra room for enclosed seams and such that make washing easy. No unraveling!

Rachel F. said...

Oh how I miss George! Like really, I'm looking up plane tickets to Korea as we speak. I happen to have about 100,000 skymiles saved up, and if the kids keep being so darn cute I may have to use them on a flight to Korea.

And ew. I hate spiders. Is that enormous spider near your house?? I hope not..

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

yeah, i saw your creations and I am rather amazed. I am amazed not only by what you make but also by how quickly you turn out your projects. Are you running a little sweat shop there in your apartment? So you figured whole tshirt applique thing out. How did you do it?

Liz said...

That spider gives me the chills. So gross. The word wall is so tastefully done. Is the framed picture under "gather" wallpaper? And, like all of your creations, June's A.E.O are exquisite. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Strommer Family said...

Whether you choose to "sell your wears" on Etsy like someone suggested or no, your talent certainly will be appreciated here in the Land of the Morning Calm and by those you crank those beautiful projects out for!! ;)

Greg and Shara said...

I love the picture of the girls...freeze that one in your heart Annee!
Where can I get "share"? I want that on my wall...
I really hope those rumors about the spiders aren't true; we could all be in trouble!!

Ana said...

Did the spider live? Or is this a picture right before you squashed it? Did you make the letters yourself? I love the wall!

Annee said...

The spider still lives! He is behind a fence. But we did have a good conversation about what action I would take to kill it, should the flash scare him, and he jump out at me.

The letters are vinyl stickers. Sarah has a contact person in Utah who can make any letters/words for you. It's a bit of a fad in Utah, etc. But you know, you can be as creative with it as you want to be. I think it's especially cute in little kids bedrooms. Nice alternative to painting.

Katie said...

You are one talented lady. Not only are you an amazing, entertaining writer, but your sewing, decorating, cooking skills & more--are fabulous, too.
That spider is not so fabulous. Although, I'm sure you could come up with an adorable Miss Muffett outfit, complete with coordinating tuffett, and a delicious take on curds and whey to go with it.

Leslie said...

ewe!! That spider is gross! I love the word wall, very creative.

Kim said...

The spider is called Nephila clavata. The english name is Golden Banana spider, and the Korean name is (translated) Sorceress Spider. I couldn't find any information about it being poisonous, which means it probably is not. BTW, I found all this info online. Also, I don't recommend Google-ing "korea yellow spider" as you will get some pages with a lot of pictures of big nasty spiders.

The Earnest Family said...

Looks like your fam is having fun...will I ever get to sew again? Ellie could use a fun skirt or dress(hint,hint)because her mom is sleep deprived and a little crazy right now-I know you know that feeling all to well but only a certain select few(like me)get to experience it TWICE in a lifetime. Amber

Rachel F. said...

You're so popular.