This weekend we drove to Seoul to attend the LDS temple. Saturday was a beautiful day with blazing blue skies. Were it not for the crazy roads I drove on, and the view of the Hann river, I might for a moment have thought I was back in Colorado. On the temple grounds there is a little house where children can stay and play while the adults are in the temple. The kids all had fun playing with some of their friends from our church here in Osan who were also spending the day up in Seoul.
Thanks to Aunt Rachel, we had a perfect Family Home Evening lesson tonight. She spent her summer in Jerusalem, and sent the boys a set of sling shots. I had been hiding them to pull out for just such an occasion. We started our lesson by reading the story of David and Goliath (or "Dave" as Jane liked to call him) in the Bible. Then to emphasize what a miracle it was that David was able to sling Goliath right in the middle of his forehead, we took the kids out behind our apartment to see how hard it is to sling rocks out of slingshot. It is indeed very difficult. So we hope that we were able to really emphasize the point which was when you are "fighting" on the Lord's side, He will give you the strength that you need to "win."
Hopefully they remember that part, and not just the fact that we were throwing rocks, and got to have root beer floats for dessert!
Monday, September 08, 2008
Blue skies in Seoul.
Thanks for the visual aids Rachel!
Posted by Annee at 5:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I can't even believe they have a kids room at the temple! That completely changes the game. Sounds like a fun FHE lesson. Here's to hoping the boys loose interest in the sling shots before they get good at them.
Baby sitting at the temple?! How great! Do they do English sessions? The skies do look very blue, and the temple looks gorgeous against the pretty background.
Wow!! Look at how those came in handy. I'm glad it was a success. They are pretty tricky to use... you have to wrap one end around your finger and somehow keep it from coming unraveled when you release the other end, all while keeping the rock in the sling. Tough. Thanks for posting the photos!! That was nice
Annee, what a beautiful church. The girls and boys looked cute as always. Jane and Ruby are little dolls, especially holding their little baby doll. Looked like everyone had fun. I love going to Seoul, so much to do.
Can't wait to see ya!
Love,
Susan
What a beautiful temple. I can't believe they watch your kids there! That's awesome.
And what a neat FHE activity.
Our ward organizes the babysitting rotation. It's not really provided by the temple staff. But it's still really nice to have that little house there at the temple so that we can take the whole family if we want to.
You've revealed your blog to a lot of your friends out there (it seems). Interesting, since you kept it a secret from you CO crew for so long.
Annee, you are so good at updating your blog. I am amazed at you. You are sewing, blogging, cooking, touring. All with 4 kids. Please, share your secrets.....
Ok, so I bought a mini muffin tin and that dough (from your reeces peanutbutter cup cookies) was DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing. I thought it was interesting the recipe didn't call for peanutbutter though.
We'll be making them again for sure!
Hey Karin, I'm so glad you enjoyed them! I have another friend who told me that she uses a peanut butter cookie dough to make them. That would be delicious too. I'm partial to the chocolate cookie dough myself.
Post a Comment