Thursday, May 01, 2008

Survival skills required.

I could hear all the commotion while I was downstairs in the basement. But it was unclear to me what the deal was. So on my way up the stairs I saw a little pair of feet behind the bathroom door..

Ruby's feet.

And then Jane came to try again to bang loud enough so her sister would open up. When I asked Ruby to open the door so that I could see what the coveted item was they were fighting over, here is how I found her.

I say let them work it out for themselves. If Ruby has figured out that she can run into the bathroom and lock her sister out, I say go ahead and give that technique a try. I hope in the end that she we find that singing hymns alone in the bathroom is not as fun as sharing a hymn book with your sister and singing together. But I will admit, every now and then I lock myself in the bathroom too, and it has nothing to do with needing to use the facilities.

Sometimes you just need to let the storm pass before you can come back out. And that is our Earnest survival skill tip of the day!

4 comments:

sarah said...

That is hilarious. But yeah I agree this is one they can work out themselves.

jrteacherlady said...

Annee, I saw you comment on Rachel's page and thought I'd check our your blog... It is so great reading about your family! 4 kids with TWINS, just like my MOM:)

~Julie (Archer)

Annee said...

Hi Julie! I have found your blog from Rachel's too. Good to hear from you!

Jana said...

Annee,
I of course only met your girls when they were a few weeks old-- I'd love to see them now that they've developed such cute, firecracker personalities. We have yet to encounter the world of sibling rivalry/turmoil. It seems to require a great deal more patience and energy. I think you're wise to pick and choose which arguments to be involved in. I'll be sure to check your blog often for additional parenting tips. :)