Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Last night and today.


Last night at the last minute Darin let me go off and get a hair cut. Thank you Darin. It was a lovely hour spent relaxing and feeling pampered.

When I came home, we were fast approaching bedtime. The kids were miraculously playing together very happily with the spy toys from their Wacky Packs. I went down stairs to say hi to everyone, and then went back upstairs. After a little while I realized I had not seen Ruby yet. The boys had told me that their two bedroom doors were locked, so they couldn't get in their room again. We've had this happen before and it ended in a nasty twisty ankle. So I started putting the pieces together and figured that Ruby had to be in that room. But there was NO sound! So George started banging on the doors so loud the neighbors probably heard. I had gone outside to look in their window to see if she had fallen asleep on their beds?

When all of the sudden I saw the cabinet door swing open and a sleepy looking Ruby walk over and unlock the door. She came walking upstairs looking all confused, and said to me, "Mommy, I'm so tired, I was sleeping." It's still unclear to me how she climbed into that cupboard, shut it and fell asleep, but that seems to be what happened. As mentioned in a previous post, bathrooms in our house do seem to be the only place one can go for a minute of refuge. But sleeping there, that's taking it to a whole new level! I'm just glad she woke up!



P.S. Darin, the birds seem very excited about the pile of leftover seed on the railing. It even seems to have attracted a new variety this afternoon. Maybe it's the variety that doesn't like to stand in trees while eating, but prefer a patio setting? Do you think they mention that in the bird book? I'll look it up.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Katie said...

Your hair is so cute!
I can't believe she fell asleep in the cabinet. Dave used to fall asleep in boxes and laundry baskets.
I love your bathroom tile.

Christy said...

1. Your hair looks wonderful.
2. I love the bathroom floor!

Leslie said...

Your hair cut looks really cute!!

sara b said...

Love your haircut. And there really isn't ever a dull moment at your house. I am sure it was a little nerve racking for a moment when there was no answer. I am glad little Ruby was just sleeping in the cupboard because she felt a little tired. I guess sometimes I too feel like just climbing in a cupboard and falling asleep. It sounds kind of peaceful.

Ie Li said...

I love your hair. I can't believe Ruby fell asleep in there! I love your bathroom floor as well.

Karin said...

Fun hair! Funny that you watched Ruby emerge from the cabinet... -and the lighting on the family shots below, as well as their subjects, are amazing!