Even Jane and Ruby have been lucky enough to have two of the sweetest friends any little girl could have. To help them all remember each other we took the girls to "Build a Bear" and had them all kiss each others bear hearts before sewing them in. I hope these girls will be able to resume where they leave off in two short years!

Hard to believe Jane and Ruby picked princess outfits for their bears, don't you think?! I'm kidding. Ruby's been telling me for WEEKS that her bear would be dresses up as Tinker Bell. I can't say that I mind really. Thanks Rachel and Avery for being our best little friends!
In other news...on Wednesday morning, Darin posted an add on Craig's list that he had a Camry for sale. About five hours later, his Camry was being driven away by it's new owner (an Iraqi war refugee, as an interesting side-story). At the end of the night, as we sat with only one car in the driveway I think we were both feeling a little shocked that it went so quickly. Darin spent the evening remembering all the amazing places that car had driven us. RIP maroon camry CE. We wish you much happiness in your new life with Jabal. It took Darin a day or two to move through the grieving process, but I think we have him convinced that something better will come along someday. (He told me he always thought Henry would learn to drive in that car. Some dreams die hard.)
Earnest Family Toyota Camry CE
May 1999-May 2008
Thanks for the many years of dedicated service.

7 comments:
Oh no the Camry's gone?! Poor Darin! I can't believe he didn't splurge to store it. Those are cute little bears and cute little friends your girls have there. I'm sure everyone will anxiously be awaiting your return and you will indeed pick right up where you left off.
Did they record each other's voices to put in the bears?
Brian can relate to the loss of a loved car--his was a Chevy Blazer, which, in my opinion, had few redeeming qualities. At least Darin's Camry went to someone with a good story.
Ella picked out the same pink-hearted bear at a Build-a-Bear birthday party, but chose tacky PJs for it. How sad to leave good friends. When is your actual date of departure?
I feel priveleged to have taken a few rides in your lovely Camry. And those girls are just TOO cute! It is always sad to have to say goodbye to good friends.
It is going to be so hard to think of you all anywhere other then Colorado Springs. I'm glad that you guys are planning on returning there. Maybe by that time, we will be ready for a move to Colorado too!
That's what I'm counting on Ana. That if I come back, that gives everyone else enough time to work there way out here as well! I know California is hard to beat, but this is running a VERY close second!
What a fun going away party! Sad to leave such good friends.
Post a Comment