First, a couple things about today...
- If there are GoGurts anywhere in the house, they will be eaten. No matter how much other food has been consumed. No matter how many times you say no.
- I officially hate the game Kerplunk. And all the many tiny marbles and sticks that come with it. There is no photographic proof, but those marbles were the cause two slip and falls to the ground.
- Annee-- what's up with the switches for the kitchen lights? Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't...
We made it to over half of church with the help of some marshmallows. Everyone was bathed, dressed and fed. There was lots of friendly faces and encouragement from fans of the Earnests! Dinner was on the table by 5:30 and, as a special blessing to me, everyone ate it! And lots of it! It made me surprisingly happy.
After dinner, we worked on a special dessert, Dirty Mud Pies as George named them. I tried all weekend to find flower pots but never found them in stock so we had to use cups and you'll have to use your imagination... The highlight for George was stepping on the bag of Oreos to crush them up. I'm glad everyone had fun, despite the fact that finding a worm in the pudding was pretty distressing for Jane. (Before going to bed George reminded me three times to be sure to leave the recipe for his mom. He said I should put it on my website so everyone could have this delicious dessert. Haha, here it is - equal parts chocolate pudding, cool whip, oreos. He's cute.)


I've noticed it's unfortunately easy to let the boys slip to the back burner, since the girls require so much immediate and complete attention. I find myself with high expectations for Henry, forgetting that he's only 8 years old! So I've tried to be quite laid back with them after the girls go to bed. Lucky for Henry, I love playing Guitar Hero so that's one fun activity we can do together.
Now I'd better get to bed. You never know how early the next day will start!

3 comments:
Wow! I barely know what else to say. YOu have gone above and beyond! I love these updates. They make me so happy. You are doing such a great job. Maybe I should extend my vacation?! :) See you soon.
Love,
Me!
Seriously. You are amazing.
Rachel you are doing a fabulous job. I am thinking right now how I can convince you to make it out to the midwest. I love how great you are about documenting all of this. What a treasure.
Post a Comment