So this is a report on the happenings on Dancing Horse Dr. while mom and dad are away.
The morning got off to a bright and early start as George came in to wake Jane and me up at 6:45am, he was fully dressed, ready for games day. (How can I be related to this kid...) Breakfast(s) were made, kids dressed, sunscreen applied, lunches packed, and out to the bus stop they went!
The girls and I cleaned up and got dressed. This is no small feat. Actually doing anything with these girls takes about 4 times longer than it otherwise would. At least they're completely pleasant while they're lagging so it's not very annoying (not yet anyway!). We were all ready to go when I realized the clothes they were wearing were very small and tight and showed off a lot of belly. Apparently I had dressed them from the 18-24month "For June" pile. One more costume change, finally to the car.
Off to the gym! I love the fancy treadmills at the Briargate YMCA, and I think the nursery cam is neat, but I don't love that to hear the audio of Rachael Ray's interview with McDreamy Patrick Dempsey I needed to bring an FM radio. Who even has one of those anymore?
About 30 minutes into my run, a grumpy nursery lady came to find me and escort me off the premises. Apparently it's against serious rules (and laws?) to have me drop Jane and Ruby off at the kids club instead of Annee. Cross that activity off the list for Saturday and Monday... At least I got 3 miles of intervals done before I had to go!
Next stop - Barnes and Noble to buy a Kids Sudoku book and a Spain travel book. We managed to get out of there with all kids alive, despite some parking lot scares and a little old lady who said "well it's very brave of you to come out in public with them!" Huh?
Next on the list - Target. This was fun activity. I let the girls lead the way after I gathered the items I needed. They added brushes, accessories, watering cans, shovels, glitter to the cart saying after each addition, "This will make mom so so happy to see."
After checking out, the girls got to have popcorn and a strawberry/cherry drink. Things were going well until we had to leave the store and Ruby realized I didn't actually purchase all the things she added to the cart. At which point her break down began. And lasted 2.5 hours.
Back at home, Ruby went to sleep and Jane played happily with the neighbor while I retrieved Henry and George from Games Day. George was happy to report he got 1st place in the 3-legged race! We came home and I began feeding everyone, because I know from personal experience that guys don't handle life well when they're hungry. Unfortunately, the feeding never really stopped so when it was time to sit down for pizza dinner, no one was hungry. In total, 1.5 slices were eaten by the children. Oops!
Somehow I fell asleep for 30 minutes on the couch after dinner while everyone played. I awoke to find Jane and Ruby having a burping war(?). Did you know Jane can burp on command? It's actually kinda funny! And once she starts, she doesn't stop, as though she had the hiccups. So silly.
With the girls tucked away, I finally taught George how to play Sudoku - he caught on quick! He'll be ready for more lessons from Grandma Z at Beach Week. We played some Monopoly before they finally went to bed.

Phew! We made it! The real test will be tomorrow - a full day with no scheduled activities. Wish me luck!
--Rachel Z.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Day 1 - Success!
Posted by Annee at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's awsome. You did amazing. And a huge post in addition! It's true though that the clothes you found for the girls are stuff from last year. So that part is funny to me.
P.S. I don't think they would kick you out of the swimming pool at the YMCA. I think they just won't let you drop the kids off. Think about it. But I'm so sorry about that. That was going to be a perfect part of the schedule!
Wow that is a seriously impressive day and to top it off with pictures and a post! Very well done! Keep it up. I'm sure the kids (and parents) are having a great time!
Good job, Rachel! I'm so impressed. I laughed all through the post. A 2.5 hour tantrum! Thank you for sharing.
Should we be worried that we haven't gotten a Day 2 post? Have Jane and Ruby taken over the place?
No, Day 2 was ok, but it's better in retrospect! I went to bed at 830pm. One of those days ya know... :-)
Oops, that last comment was me, Rachel.
Post a Comment