Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some days make you count your blessings.

Some days are just good days. One good thing about moving, is Darin is home a lot. He took care of the girls this morning so that I could go solo on George's field trip. That's the first time I was able to work that deal out all school year long. And it was cute how happy George was that I was there with him.





The field trip was to the Air Force academy to get a tour of the "Wings of Blue" program. It was very exciting to get to see so many cadets jumping out of airplanes. And while I was not tempted in the least bit to perform such a stunt, I was sure that George would be. So wasn't I surprised to hear that George was not actually enticed by the cadets falling out of the sky. It sort of seemed like his kind of activity. But walking into the air plane was fun for him.


Next part of counting my blessings had to do with how many important things we got checked off of Darin's list today. There are lots of important things that we should be doing everyday. It's hard to keep on top of it all. So it's wonderful to have a productive day.

But the biggest blessing I was reminded of today was the gift of friends. My girl friends here are life savers and have filled my life with laughter and love. I am so blessed. They kept George and the girls for me this afternoon so that Darin and I could go out together and run a bunch of errands. Then later on in the evening, all the dads stepped in to let all the moms have a night out on the town.

It is a blessing to have people with whom you can laugh so hard at the end of the day. Or cry really hard in the middle of the day. Or to just pass driving around in the mini van throughout the week. It's just a blessing. And I am so grateful. These ladies have made my three years here ones that will NEVER be forgotten.

And best of all, these ladies gave me an excuse to pull out my favorite ice cream cake recipe, and in the midst of an across the planet move, pause for a night, to just eat cake!

What a lot of blessing for just one day.

7 comments:

Liz said...

What a wonderfully blessed day and life you have! One on one time with George, Darin home to help, girl's night out, and cake - that sounds like Heaven on earth!! I love the darling shirt you have on, and I'm wondering if I can get the recipe for that heavenly looking ice cream cake. I'm sad your moving so far away, but I'm so glad you have a blog to help us keep in touch. I love reading about your life adventures!

sarah said...

It is really amazing to me how you manage to put together these groups of girlfriends wherever you go. Looks like fun. And that cake is amazing. We should definitely try that sometime. Maybe at the beach??

Alyssa Lark said...

that cake looks amazing... recipe please?

Leslie said...

Annee, that cake looks soooo good...can I get the recipe from you if you don't mind??

Christy said...

Annee, when is the official date of your move? How stressful, but I am so glad you had a great done and were manage to get things done! That does deserve cake.

Annee said...

Darin's offical move date is June 8 out of LAX. In fact, we're going to be in LA for nearly a week and a half. We should see you while we are out there! I'll call you.

Karin said...

I hope to find this recipe on the in our mix site! Good friends are so great! Moving is never easy- but modern technology sure helps to be able to keep in touch.
ps- Walmart has little pocket size brag books for like $3.88 each that hold about 26 pictures each. I created 3 for each of my kids full of friends and adventures while we were in Az- just so they'd remember and have something tangable from their time there. Perhaps you have a couple dozen pix of your kids with friends so they have their own Co. yearbooks (with all your free time (?))