Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's just, I think Darin missed his calling in life. I think he should have been born a salmon. Aren't they the fish that swim upstream at some point in their life? Swim against the current, that's the sort of thing Darin seems to enjoy doing, strive to go against the natural flow of a house full of little kids. This was the message the kids woke up to this morning in the playroom.


Darin stayed up VERY late last night organizing every last inch of the toy closet and associated areas. After such efforts his request was simple enough. He just wanted to enjoy one solid day of the fruits of his labor. A clean playroom. Too bad he picked a Saturday to make such a request. The children have been home all day long. But knowing their father as they do, the boys especially took his request to heart. They acted as room monitor all day long. Running upstairs to report anyone who was in violation of the signage. I have to say, I was a major skeptic when I saw the sign at 6:45am this morning. I honestly didn't believe that we would be able to come through for Darin. But have a look at the room now...

This is with minor parental intervention. I'm telling you, George took the matter to heart. Well, it was a fun day. We didn't take pictures of the fun stuff. But one thing Darin is outstanding at, masterminding an over seas move for a family of six. Nothing can stop him. He's unstoppable.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

It's never too early to teach children to be organized. I really believe it's a skill you have to learn...and, incidentally, how do you think Darin learned it? I don't remember any actual signs telling us to keep things tidy, but somehow we all knew how important it was to our parents. Way to go Darin...I love it!

Karin said...

I'm not only impressed with Darin's organizing skills, but the fact he'd do so just before a bunch of movers come and dump it all into boxes anyway...

Annee said...

I knew other Earnests would approve of Darin's methods. I know it had to have come from somewhere, and know that he is not alone in his family with the need for organization and cleanliness.

In the eyes of an Earnest, there is never a wrong time to organize a closet. Especially if it is all about to get dumped in a box. Heaven forbid unnecessary items get moved anywhere! Thank goodness he's around. Seriously.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I love the post and I love the comments thus far. It is all amazing.

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

All I can say to this is that it really makes me smile with delight! Go Organization to the max!

Annee said...

Another Earnest weighing in! You guys are all the same :)

Katie said...

Is Darrin for rent? His cooking, cleaning and organizational skills could come in very handy around here. I think Meridian is upstream from you, right?