Only three short days left until this is my landscape for 26.2 miles. Hard to believe it's that close. You spend four months getting ready, and then it seems to all come down to the morning of, if your body feels like running well.
In the mean time, I'm "tapering". It's a crazy thing. You train hard for 16-weeks, and then the last two before the race you are supposed to take it easy, recover and get your strength built back up for the big day. But it leaves lots of free time to think that maybe you have forgotten how to run more than two miles. Or to imagine that when you ran 22 miles three weeks ago, that was actually a dream. Not an event that really took place. I'm telling you, your brain start telling your body all kinds of lies about what it cannot do anymore. My brain is trying to get excused from the actual event (and for the most part, it will be malfunctioning while the marathon is in progress!). Anyway, regardless of all the fears and doubts today, on Saturday morning at 4:30am I will be bused to a start line and run 26.2 miles, like it or not! Think happy thoughts for me in the mean time. I'm really nervous right now... but I am looking forward to at least one hour of relaxation scheduled today at 7:15pm when I get a deep tissue hour-long massage. I had to do something to help calm the nerves. This was the best thing I could think of.

5 comments:
Good luck! I'm excited for you and so impressed and proud. Have fun with your massage. I hope it doesn't leave you sore. (Sometimes that's happened to me.)
I am feeling your pain! I know I am supposed to be drinking a lot of water and eating carbs and all of that, but my stomach feels like it wants to shut down. Nerves. How cold is it usually at 4 am? Would you recommend wearing pants and all of that and then dropping them later?
I hope I see you! You'll do great!
Lots of luck!
Mandy
Thanks for being proud of me Sarah! Massage seems to have been just right. I was worried about it leaving me more sore. And Mandy, I do think I'm going to run in shorts, but I think it will be COLD at 4am. I'm thinking of bringing a trash bag to wear, and not have to worry about finding it later. Best of luck to you too!!
good luck!
oh wow annee - good luck - another of my girlfriends and her husband are running it too! I never thought I would ever do something like this . . . but I am entertaining the idea as a remote possibility . . . you'll have to let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment