George H. Potter
Seeking shelter when only 30 minutes after arriving it started to rain. And didn't stop for the rest of the day. Thank goodness in the first thirty minute we managed to get pumpkins and order funnel cake!! (Darin made fun of my dorky mom-ness that couldn't be at a pumpkin patch without wearing the seasonal color scheme. I thought it was a nice touch. No?)
Cooking Indian food for our Sunday cultural experience.
Darin and I are entertained by thinking of ways of taking this to the next level. I suggested a center piece crafted out of the featured country's flag. But Darin suggested we eat in company with our globe and test all family members at the end of the meal to identify where the country is located.
Darin gets all the credit for the home made nann. Truly delicious. One of my girl friends for my birthday gave me a "Best Recipes in the World" cookbook. It's perfect and we pulled all recipes from it for this week.
(p.s. just to keep it real, we were over an hour late to church today! Just wanted to let you know all the craziness doesn't come without a price.)
And the background "muzak" to our weekend has been the creation of some Halloween princess dresses for Jane and Ruby. I know Darin thinks I do these things just to torture him. I do them because I somehow think it will be fun. Then I forget that I hate how the house falls apart and I don't get to bed before 2am, because I simply can't stop until it's done.
Many phone calls to my mom later, Princess dresses are ready for Halloween!! I guess I'm kind of proud.

7 comments:
Annee, the dresses are perfect! Sounds like a fun weekend. I love your international nights. I think we need to adopt that tradition when our kids get older.
Oh, WOW! I need to mail you my Super MOM t- shirt. You whipped out those dresses so fast. I bet the girls LOVE them. Lucas just saw George's Potter costume and said "I want to be him!" What a weekend. From the photo at the pumpkin patch it looks like you have had nice weather(and rain).
Very impressive weekend, Annee! The dresses look great! Maybe something June & Mei Li can grow into for years to come?!?!
Wow Annee! I think I use the word impressed every time I comment, but I really am impressed! Those princess dresses are just perfect. You really do deserve the mom of the year award. I mean, training for a marathon, homemade halloween costumes, themed Sunday dinners. Can we come hang out with you guys sometime?
wow!! what an awesome weekend. those pumpkin patch photos are SO cute! seriously, you should print and frame the one of you guys hiding under the tree for shelter.
in the dinner photos it looks like Henry has a new smile going on which really shows off his dimples.
those princess dresses are very impressive. did you bedazzle them to get that crown on?
oh! and i see you're carrying your boston birthday bag! it looks great.
Thanks for all the nice comments girls. I will be more than happy to pass the costumes along. That is assuming they are in any condition after the girls wear them 1000 times. Ruby already cried for an hour today about not getting to wear it since it didn't have any snaps in the back yet. I'm working on fixing that this afternoon. And yes, Rachel that is my Boston purse which gets comments everytime I go anywhere with it. I love it!
p.s. it's not bedazzled it was an iron-on gem stone transfer. Perfectly simply!
Post a Comment