So I realized I couldn't stay 20 forever. So now I'm 30. Like my mom, I may stay 30 for a few years. I thought it didn't bother me to get older. I've always longed for years of experience and wisdom. But I will admit that now that the 20's are gone forever, I have a certain feeling of nostalgia already. Other than moments here and there on memory lane, I am thrilled with where we are today. Look at these kids? They make me so happy and proud. I was gone all weekend long, and so while I was gone they were all preparing for some great birthday surprises. As soon as I got in the car from the airport, Ruby started telling me all about the cake that was hiding in the fridge. This made the boys really frustrated. The whole ride home, she just kept asking me if she could have some of my cake.
Ruby's on the left finally getting her piece of cake that she waited all weekend for.
A sweet look captured to remember forever how sweet these little girls have been for me.
The next day was Monday, and Columbus Day. Darin had the whole day off work. He let me have the whole day off too. He did the whole getting the kids off to school, picking everyone up, grocery shopping and even made dinner. All the while I napped, got a haircut, went to lunch and went shopping. He is such a great guy. Thanks Darin for such a wonderful birthday. I love you all!!

7 comments:
Happy Birthday! I didn't realize we were so close in age- I turn 30 in May.... so anyway, love the pics, love the blog. Have a great weekend.
Valerie E
Sounds like a great birthday! You deserve it. Love you.
Happy 30th Birthday! Did the family keep up the ethnic food tradition while you were gone, or did they dedicate their time to baking the cake? Sounds like you had a great day.
Yeah, Darin took that Sunday off to do birthday prep. After all he is only human :) We'll have to come up with a delicious country for this week.
Happy, Happy birthday! Love the "secrets" 2 year olds can keep- I can imagine your boys trying to hush Ruby~ too cute!
Cute photos. Are the girls sporting different hair do's? And I TAG you. CHeck my blog for details.
welcome to the good life - my thirties (so far anyway - not too far into them, wink, wink) are fabulous! better than the 20s!
Post a Comment