Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Snow and French food on Sunday.

We woke up to about six inches of snow on Sunday morning. It pretty much snowed all day long. We were glad to see that Jane and Ruby were willing to embrace the snow this season. They wanted to play out there all afternoon long. In their brother's boots and their dad's gloves.

Continuing our tradition, France was the featured country this week. I have to say, Darin out did himself with the music which made us all feel as though we were sitting street-side at a Paris cafe. It was delightful. Quiche lorraine and a "Potage Crecy" (Creamy Carrot Soup) were on the dinner menu. Of course, Crepes Suzette for dessert! Tres manifique!

P.S. This book will seriously help this tradition live on for a few more weeks. Left to our own devices our imaginations may have thought we were out of countries. But not so, say Mark Bittman, check it out.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel F. said...

Is this the fastest comment you've ever received? Have I convinced you that reading this is one of the best parts of me day? :-)

Annee said...

Wow! I'm actually stunned and amazed. I was making an edit, and go back to view the changes, and already a comment! I'm so honored!

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Oh, that sounds like such a yummy dinner! I think I just might make quiche tonight! And the crepes. . . maybe we will just have those instead. . .

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

So does this mean you own this book and you are recommending it? I always love new good cookbooks. The snow looks beautiful, but I do not think I am ready for it yet.

Annee said...

Yes, we own that cookbook, and if you have a desire to cook international food, I think it's great. Easy recipes that turn out well. Darin is a huge fan of it. He thinks that they go above and beyond in terms of explaining how to do things, which he LOVES. He wants to know exactly how many minutes to allow something to cook before he should stir it, and those kinds of details. Anyway, it's a good one.