Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's Rachel's Birthday Today!!

It's my little 22-year-old sister Rachel's birthday today. It just so happened that I was feeling nostalgic. So here is a small tribute to my cute little sister.


The day she was born, I think I might have been the most excited person in the family. I was the girl who always had a doll or stuffed animal with me. But the one thing I didn't have was a little sister... until Rachel came along!



Then I got another little sister less than two years later. This picture is so sweet to me. This is how I used to swing Jane and Ruby. People used to see me swinging my girls and ask me where I got the idea. I had forgotten, but I knew it felt familiar. Look at my little sisters swinging, just like my little girls...20 years ago!


Our family has some hiliarious memories of Rachel and Christmas. I will not embarrass her further about that. We'll just let this picture represent some of those fun Christmas mornings.









Why I hope my sister has a wonderful birthday today: She is my blog's biggest fan! She loves California, the beach and people. She hates holding new babies, but she always humors me and holds mine. She taught me that it's fun to slide on someone's back down a hill. She will run a race with me, anytime, anywhere. She will travel anywhere. Nothing is off limits. She is one of the world's greatest sisters. She always has a camera and a phone on the ready. You can reach her nearly 24/7. She loves our family, and loves a "p.s." almost as much as I do. She uses it even conversationally.


Anyway, you deserve to have a happy birthday Rachel. Eat some cake and have fun. I love you.

3 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I too think Rachel is fabulous. She is fascinating to talk to. She seems to be well informed on so many topics and has smart opinions on things. When I think of Rachel I think of a girl who is up for doing anything with anyone. She is caring, thoughtful and supportive. Happy Birthday!

Grandma Z said...

Rachel, I believe this day will be the start of a wonderful year for you! Thank you, Annee, for sharing these precious memories....it seems like only yesterday....turn around and she's a young girl going out of the door...Love always, Mom

Rachel F. said...

Wow.

I'm basically speechless. And definitely crying. Thanks Annee. That's the best birthday present ever!