A swimming birthday party. Complete with a bunch of fun friends
An Indian Jones cake that was so cool, even 9-year-old boys noticed it and asked me about it. (No, I did not make it. My talents do not extend out that far I assure you.)
A traditional 7am Earnest family birthday party the next morning.
Complete with his favorite present:
Followed up by mine:
Hand made pajamas complete with a skull and cross bone t-shirt and his name embroidered on the back! I was totally excited to give them to him.
All made for a fun Saturday for a very excited new 9-year-old. Lunch at Chili's and hours of fun ripping it up on a new Ripstick completed his birthday. And as always at the end of the day, Henry said, "the worst part about birthdays is that the next day, they're just over." Funny how different our perspectives were. Where I wanted his day to be totally fun and special, what a relief it was when it was over, and I had mostly succeeded!
Completing Henry's birthday pushed us through the weekend, but this week has been one thing after another. Today were the big Halloween celebrations at the elementary school, since tomorrow (the 31st) is a day off! Under normal circumstances I might complain about such a fact, but for now, we are all dying for one very long time out!
I promise, more updates to follow shortly!

6 comments:
so this is what you are doing at midnight : ) And I am leaving a comment on your blog at midnight! No wonder we can't get to bed early, there's too much to do ;)
wow way to go mom on a birthday well done! looks perfect. that's a lot of kids at the pool with you! i hope you had some help.
The lady whose talents don't extend to decorating that really cool cake, non-chalantly mentions the pajamas with the skull & crossbones applique and the emroidery on the back?! I think the cake decorator would marvel at the pjs and the amazing day you put together for Henry. Nice work.
Way to go...It seems like everything worked out just right!
Glad to see everything went well...I was starting to get worried about you! Boys birthday parties are my favorite...all you need is friends, food, and a place to play....not like girl's parties where every moment has to be planned and scheduled! When does Darin come home?
That is a pretty awesome cake. And a great birthday party! I love Henry's summaries at the end of notable days. I'm glad you record them. Looks like Henry has made some friends! More new friends than if he had stayed in Co Springs and waited for new people to move in. ;-)
Post a Comment