Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm not trying to brag or anything

But when it comes to choosing an eternal companion, I think I have some skills. Because this shirt came in the mail from mine, and I wore it all day long and thought I looked cute. And he picked it out, all especially for me. And we just have a really good thing going. So I think I proved my skills about that today.

And I'm not trying to brag about my family, but they are really funny, so I'm just proud to be one of them. And you should totally read this post about the ultimate Slurpee hunt. Because Rachel is too young to remember when our Uncle Tom used to take us to as many 7-11's as he could find, in search of our perfect Slurpee flavor, and now with technology and all, Rachel basically did the same thing on a global level. And that takes skills, and she's my relative. So I think I just proved my skills again.

And again, not trying to make anyone feel bad, but I think I know how to recognize the hands of angels all around me. Because I'm doing a single parent gig right at the moment, and I have lots of kids (do you want one?), and it can get totally exhausting. But today around 4:30pm, I was in an empty house. It was completely empty and silent, and it was 4:30 in the middle of the worst time of the afternoon. And at that moment I knew that angels fly all around me and love me and watch out for me. So again, I think I proved my skills (did I?).

The end.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

sarah said...

Super cute shirt! Way to go Darin!

Rachel F. said...

That shirt is awesome!! I love shirts with writing about foreign countries on them.

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm working on my next piece of research.

Ie Li said...

What good taste Major Earnest has! I'm glad you felt cute in your shirt. You always look cute.

Susan said...

Love the shirt Annee, your hubby is a sweetheart, and you missy are too cute for words. Hope you're doing good, please call me if you need anything, and I mean anything. Sorry I missed lunch, I so wanted to be there.
Love, Susan

Alyssa said...

I think brother has skills picking eternal companions too.

Jana said...

When does your single-mom thing end? Hang in there--so glad you have good friends to give you a needed break.

Liz said...

Love the shirt, love that you are so skillful, and love that you got a break during the worst part of the day! What great friends you've made in Korea in such a short time. I think that is another skill you have.

Jessica said...

oooooohh! I totally know what you mean about the "single parent" "exhausing" bit! I'm right there with you right now!!! Have you noticed the bags under my eyes yet? ;^)

Adam and Sariah said...

Way to go with the new shirt...and even delivered while he was gone. Very sweet! I also think it is okay to brag sometimes. :)

Leslie said...

HAHA, I didn't know my dad took you guys on slurpee hunts! That's awesome! I TOTALLY remember that as a kid. I told my Dad that he will have to keep up that tradition for the grandkids :)