Thursday, October 09, 2008

Here's how we have fun and feel loved in Korea...

We borrow a grocery cart from level 1, bring it up to the 3rd floor so that George can learn how to "Heeley" up and down the apartment hallways.




We teach 3 year-olds how to swim in the big pool. I mean, seriously swim. As in, they will not drown any more, at least not in this swimming pool. And now swimming is actually fun.





Here's how I'm feeling loved on the day after my birthday...

I'm remembering this cake and the friends who brought it over to share it with me last night. Who made me laugh late into the night and stayed all the way until it wasn't my birthday anymore. Thanks girls...



I'm wearing some new green pajamas from Kristine and Lisa which are making me feel very foxy indeed. I'm sorry that Major Earnest is missing their debut.


I'm smiling about the collapsible basket that Lori knew I would love and use all around town. But probably fretted over, as only Lori can. Lori, it's perfect!


I'm loving the sparkly bracelet that Renee thought would be pretty on me. And smiling and laughing about the tissues with my initial on them. It's a gift that only Renee could think of.

I'm delighted that Kim was inspired to get me a box to organize my bobbins into. How did she know that I've secretly been wanting to collect bobbin spools, and then secondly have a place to organize them? Kim doesn't even really sew, and I've never mentioned my thing about bobbins. And yet her gift is full of little things that only a sewer could love. She's just so darn thoughtful like that.

I'm loving that my friends sent me birthday presents in a box full of surprises for my kids. And that they are the kind of friends who love my kids probably as much as they love me. Those are the most amazing kinds of friends to have in your life.






(I'm not really loving the amount of lip gloss Jane thinks is appropriate. But we'll work on that beauty tip tomorrow...)



And as I head off to bed, I'm just not entirely sure that I've ever done enough of anything to deserve that kind of love being poured forth upon me. But I tell you what, those are the best kinds of friends to have. The ones that demonstrate so much love and compassion, and who in return make you want to rise up to become a better person.

Thanks to all my sweet lady friends back in The Springs (j/k). Life just isn't the same without you. I am indebted.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad that your package arrived. Lori said the lady at the post office was not encouraging--that it might not! And I'm even more amazed that Ruby and Jane can swim, really, truly swim! Wow. We'll be watching that footage and encouraging Rachel for many weeks to come. Amazing.

Lori said...

Dear Ruby and Jane,
I love watching you swim. You are so good at swimming. Have a good day. Love, Avery

sarah said...

Sounds very happy indeed. You deserve it all! And I'm sorry our box didn't arrive in time. It should be there soon. Love George learning his Heeleys behind the shopping cart in your hallway! Much better than the grocery store.

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday despite being stuck in Korea. I'm so glad. You deserve it!

Jana said...

What great friends! And what lovely surprises. I was thinking about you all day yesterday as Ella of course shares your birthday. I remember when I learned I would be induced on October 8th, I thought that was so neat that my daughter would be born on your birthday. Happy Birthday, Annee!

Sandy said...

Happy Belated Bday Annee! I'm so glad you had a great celebration.